Macfibo system

I’m new in FX. I traded Long yesterday but it went short. It doesn’t hit my SL. so, the trade still goes on.
Today i started to trade with this system and it shows that GU is going Long.
So, it means i can still hold on my trade till it reach around 1.5925.
I’ve go EU and targeting 1.3151. Target 1.3185
Hope i’m right…
btw, I’m using H1 for all this…

Help: Can someone show me how can i get the value for each fibo? my fibo only shows the desciption. no value. :slight_smile:

In that case, you’re doing everything correct, keep it up;)

About your last question can’t say anything, unfortunately, I evaluate the value of different fibo levels myself by eye:)

Well, i think you get my question wrong. Yes, we all draw the line from A to B ourself. The the Fibo indicator will come out and it shows 0, 23.6, … 100.0, 127.2, 161.8 and so on…
I saw sufian’s graph, it will show the value like 0 1.31XX, 23.6 1.314X, and so on… how can i get the 1.31XX??

Now GU shows that 5ema gonna cross 8sma… if it crosses, it means i need to close the trade right??

I understood your question, what I tried to say is that I don’t know how to get these values automatically, so I evaluate them manually:)

If 5EMA crosses 8SMA, yes, you should exit the trade.

ok, thanks a lot… we will see what we get by end of today… HAPPY TRADING EVERYONE… MACFIBO!!!

add %$ in decription. For eg 100.0 (%$)

I use Trade Interceptor on iPad for my charting, and once I have drawn the Fib levels, I can go,into settings and activate something called “show price levels” or something like that.

Have a look to see if you can change the settings on yours.

Thanks… :slight_smile:

HAHA good one mate :slight_smile:

Other stuff I use to help me entering a trade:

EURUSD/GBPUSD correlated divergences
stoch divergences
GBPUSD/USDX divergences
price action in general :wink:

Hi guys!

lowedwin, just an observation from my side… you can drastically increase the success rate of this system by applying some discretion. After that massive drop the past two days in the EURUSD, it certainly is due for a retracement up, but there’s no telling how far up…

…and price already looks overbought again, so I’d personally NOT go long with this EURUSD signal.

I prefer to have everything possible in my favor before pulling the trigger on these trades, but still it was a valid signal :slight_smile:

Best of luck and many happy pips!

Hi, thanks for the advice… now we see gu and eu 5X8… really confuse of what i need to do now… close trades??

It’s a pleasure to help where I can!

Yes, the strict rules say to exit after the 5EMA crosses the 8SMA and the candle where the cross happened has closed (so that you get confirmation of the cross), so it’s really up to you from here. I’d personally get out of it around now, but that might just be the paranoid trader in me speaking :wink:

Let me know what you decide? Good luck!

Just as an extra disclaimer, the rules are the rules for good reason, so as far as possible it’s best to stick to it and get confirmation from the candles on everything you’re doing. :slight_smile:

I agree with Cyanidez analysis :slight_smile:

An interesting system so far and I am a fan of Fib’s for profit targets so this agrees with my style. Congratulations. I do have a question and apologies if I have missed it in the now large thread but in the pdf instructions there is no mention of stop loss placement when entering trades. Is this a set amount of pips or anchored to a recent high etc. Many thanks and maybe this will be covered in 1.1?

If I may :slight_smile:

If no big news reports is coming out soon, place stop at 61.8% Fib retracement, otherwise if you’re expecting something that might stop you out in a wild swing, rather use the 38.2% Fib.

Good luck!

Let’s start saying that the SL and TP should never be static, but depending on market structure.

In second place, if you want a “rule”, after noticing the entry signal, putting up your fib’s and entering the trade etc etc

SL: 61.8/76.4 fib’s or the area in between in order to keep a r/r ratio 1:2 ish. Depending on mkt structure, as i said, could be moved till 50 fib (depending also on how many pips this all consist, I’d never risk more than 30 pips on a trade, but this is a personal risk management idea, that could be different from yours).

Also depends on your TP obj, if is 127.1 or 161.8 ofc… again depending on mkt structure

Hope i’ve been of help :slight_smile:

38.2 looks a bit too much in my opinion, also because USUALLY when you reach that level, you already have a 5x8 crossover exit signal!

update: bullish divergence on 30min chart for GBPUSD/EURUSD… let’s wait for further signals :slight_smile:

BOOM! :59:

My shortest trade with Macfibo yet!

+24 pips on EURUSD in 20 minutes, thank you, that’s my trading for the day :wink: