MacOS - broker suggestions (demo account)

Hi guys, very much a beginner here, only on elementary on the school of pipsology. I know there are loads of people asking which broker is best and so on, however, I think I’m narrowed down by the fact I’m on a mac, as MT4 MT5 and cTrader are all windows. If anyone could help list me some secure brokers (particularly with mac os) that would be amazing. To give some help I think I’m after a no dealing desk broker somewhat like IC Markets, focusing on low spreads and security and general reliability. Thank you! (btw I’m after a demo account!)

Hi @noahh430,

I personally use a Mac also. I have previously used a program called Parallels which allowed me to run Windows applications on my Mac and I used this for MT4/MT5 - I think it cost about $100AUD. Now I just mostly use the web browser version of Ctrader - being web based there is no application to install so doesn’t matter if you run MacOS or Windows and I feel Ctrader is far superior than Metatrader anyway.
As for brokers I use Pepperstone. Not entirely sure how they stack up to others but they are a reputable one in my country so I was comfortable and familiar with the regulations they have to comply to. Been with them for over 10 years now with no issues.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi thanks so much for the reply, I’m in the UK and it seems pepperstone is also quite reputable here, also IG seems good, but that really useful to know ctrader had a web based platform, thank you. Unfortunately I’m using the new Mac M1 which doesn’t allow parallels, looks like I might need to stick to web based platforms.

No worries. Yeah personally I use Tradingview for my technical analysis then just use Ctrader Web for execution. I also like the inbuilt % calculator on Ctrader which Meta doesn’t have so you don’t have to worry about a 3rd party

What!!!??? I didn’t know this! I love Apple but they do make some things difficult that’s for sure.

1 Like

yeah nice, thanks for your help. They definitely do! They make things difficult but are still the best computers haha