Major pairs going sideway/ranging from Aug?

Hiya,

I’m seeing the market for major pairs going the sideway from 1st of Aug for me. GBP/USD is an example and others are similar, there is no way to use a long term trend following in major pairs, just loosing in swaps otherwise. Is this happening for you too or it’s just for me? :thinking:

Tnx :blush:

Well it depends on your target. Are you looking to make a thousand pips?
To me they seem to be moving quite a lot.

I agree. Long-term trends are very weak / non-existent recently.

Most of the weekly bars just completed last night overlap with at least the prior 4 consecutive weekly bars.

Where 5 recent consecutive bars overlap like this I give that feature on that chart a score of 5. So, e.g. AUD/NZD gets 2, EUR/USD gets 7, USD/CHF gets 13. The average weekly overlap for the 28 important currency pairs after this week is 6. This is a market going nowhere.

1 Like

Thanks. I uploaded some figs as examples. My long term trades just didn’t move, price not moving up nor down.

Average weekly bar overlap for the 28 important forex pairs up to last night was 6. The only pairs moving quickly were EUR- and GBP-based pairs, which are bullish on account of news of a Brexit deal that just might be finalised soon.

But these are two high-risk currencies right now - a Brexit deal is not guaranteed: the eventual outcome could be bullish, bearish or might even by now be priced in by recent price rises - amidst the euphoria of the two parties finding a deal it has to be remembers that Brexit is bad for both the UK and the EU economies, at least in the foreseeable future.

Outside the EUR- and GBP-based pairs, the weekly bar overlap is almost as bad as it could be - 8 weekly bars. The forex market’s adrift in dead water.

Indeed, I get a break from market for a month and was playing some cute RPG online games until market behave like reasonably :blush: In my expectation, market will go worse each year, and the techniques that was made in the literature will not reply to the following years. Perhaps we should study more widely to find/create new trading strategies.

Best of luck