Manual Trading or EA

How do traders determine whether manual trading or using an EA is the best approach for their individual trading goals and circumstances?

I think both types of trading are just as complex. You can set an EA to run a strategy but if you’re not keeping an eye on the market that strategy can go against you and your EA won’t know to stop. Very dangerous if you ask me.

2 Likes

i think there are EA’s which include settings for that, too, actually

i agree with you about that

clearly there’s some good, safe, long-term profitable software around (many financial institutions lease such things at enormous cost on a profit-sharing basis) but it isn’t in the form of an EA you can buy online for a few hundred!

(and people might want to ask themselves why such a thing, that worked reliably, would ever be for sale anyway)

1 Like

Without a shadow of doubt, the FX market will be 90% run by EA within 5 years, providing we’re not in a world war 3.

1 Like

That’s your personal choice. Tell me this, why are you considering EA?

I am not considering a bot. Omg no. I dream about bots. I love bots.

I am a veteran coder.

1 Like

I’m considering using an EA because I feel that it could potentially help me to execute trades more efficiently and consistently. However, I’m still unsure whether it would be the best approach for my individual trading goals and circumstances.

1 Like

It’s interesting to hear your perspective on the prevalence of EAs in the FX market. While I agree that EAs are becoming more prevalent, some traders may still prefer manual trading for various reasons, such as wanting to have more control over their trades or enjoying the process of analyzing the markets themselves. In your opinion, what are some situations in which a trader might choose manual trading over using an EA?

1 Like

I not sure I would use an EA to open and close my trades. However I think maybe a hybrid approach may work well. Where as I open a trade based on my strategy and then use an EA to close the trade for me for times where I can’t watch and track the trade. This would hopefully allow my trades to mature a little longer than just scalping a little off the top, if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Traders choose manual trading or using an EA based on their trading style, experience It’s important to evaluate strengths and weaknesses and choose the goal that matches best with their goals.

1 Like

Well, I trade manually, because I like to take control over my T/P and S/L placements. Once an order is made I turn off my trading desktop and only open up again the following morning.

But such is technologiy advancements taking over from humans, the retail market will probably copy what the big banks are utilising. That’s not to say oldies like me would follow suit.

I really love to hear more about you and your experiences. :star_struck:

Hi Amy. Best time to catch me is at weekends. I open at 9.a.m. Bangkok time. I could send you a link to my 42,940 word daily events blog journal covering my entry into trading from April 2020 to Dec 2022.

Parts of it are lessons and mistakes that would keep you busy.

1 Like

Thank you for offering to share your blog with me. I’m definitely interested in learning more about your journey into trading and the lessons you’ve learned along the way. Could you please send me the link? I appreciate it!