Market conditions awarness

Hi! Can anybody give me some hints about spotting the right market conditions as from my modest experience in forex I still can’t figure our how to understand better how the market is behaving…First of all there is not what most online publications say … the prices trend, retrace, consolidate, reverse… the very important factor of volatility or liquidity plays an important role in this… there are a lot of situations in which all right market trends but the candles are very small only a few pips difference, they form like a small line that trends up or down timidly… or sometimes in range. In this situations some oscillators show bad signals and moving averages are no more than uselless because they will be very very close to each other… Or there is a trend by because of high volatility at the beginning of it dips furiously and then retraces slowly via an almost ranging condition upwords- in this situations the moving averages are again uselless because they show the real trend just at the beginning…
So I ask you for some help here!!

Well, sometimes market conditions are mixed. Just stay on the sidelines and watch a trend unfold! When there is a CONFLUENCE OF MULTIPLE INDICATIONS to affirm a direction, pull the trigger.

Can you be more specific? Using confluence between let’s say CCI and stochastics equals to 0 …

That’s definitely correct.

Online “information” is completely different from textbook information. They’re two remarkably different worlds.

A very high proportion of what’s online, for various complicated historical and mostly commercial reasons, is actually “misinformation”.

My suggestions:-

1. Understand clearly that “trends” need a speed time-frame as part of their definition

2. Understand clearly that it’s normal for any financial instrument to be trending in one direction in a specified time-frame while either not trending at all or trending in the opposite direction in other time-frames

3. Read Marcel Link’s book called High Probability Trading

4. Try hard to learn from offline sources and be very skeptical indeed about “information” on websites, in forums and on YoutTube and similar “educational” places online

5. Don’t imagine that simply using more indicators is a way of “confirming” anything - this is rubbish (plausible and sometimes well-argued rubbish, but complete rubbish for all that)

5 Likes

Is it possible to use volume for forex and currency pairs binary options to spot small intervals prominent dips or jumps in price actions? So for the binary options at least all the other problems I wrote in the first post I think will dissappear!!

I mean volume or other instrument… maybe I don’t know other methods…

“Volume” isn’t available for spot forex, because there’s no centralized exchange and therefore no way of monitoring it.

All a spot forex broker can ever show you, for “volume”, is their own volume, which is useless rubbish that has nothing to do with the true market at all.

You’re truly, deeply mistaken. Binary options are something inexperienced retail forex traders should avoid at all cost.

2 Likes

I don’t know too much about volume but I was thing about some methods to understand better and faster what really moves the prices… all the indicators show what happend in tha past … but none or I list I don’t know any to say something about what might happen in the future … ! ?

Then how to trade especially low timeframes binary options when there is no way to get a glimpse about what may happen in the near future???

When i say, confluence of multiple INDICATIONS. Please do not be mistaken that i mean just using only different indicators. That would be hugely inadequate.

What i mean is a combination of

1. Multiple time frame assesment
  2. Multi currency strength status
  3. Multiple technical analysis from different reliable sources.
  4. Multiple fundamental analysis from different reliable sources.
  5. Does my own technical and fundamental analysis align with most of the sources that i have come to trust.

If it does not align with most of them. I stay on the sidelines. If it does, by all means, go ahead and pull the trigger.

Trading is no walk in the park. There is no free lunch in this world. You have to sweat it out. My philosophy of trading is skew towards one shot one kill mentality.

We are talking about raising awareness right? Hope this helps.

Cheers :blush:

PS : Hit the Target! Hit the Target! Hit the Target!

Please don’t trade binary options.
There’s a reason is being driven out by the lawmakers

3 Likes

I think that ECN forex brokers that aggregate liquidity from multiple liquidity providers give you a representative sample of overall market prices and volume, similar to any type of polling. So I wouldn’t say there is no value there whatsoever although you would have to appreciate the detail of how their systems work to come to a definitive answer.

There must be some research on this somewhere.

The reality is that there’s awful confusion on this subject.

All ECN means is “electronic communications network” and that covers all brokers. This reality permits counterparty market-makers to state (misleadingly, though technically truthfully) that they’re an “ECN broker”.

It really means nothing at all.

They just use it in their marketing and presentation as a way of encouraging naive beginners to imagine that their broker isn’t holding the other side of their trade, and has no incentive for them to lose. Sometimes (often) that isn’t true.

These terms “ECN” and “NDD” (no dealing desk) are there to mislead people. They’re surely among the most misunderstood expressions in the industry (and a lot of “brokers” are making sure it stays that way).

What actually matters is whether or not the broker is a Direct Access broker, or a counterparty market-maker pretending to be a broker.

You may be one of the few, Ropunzel (and I think from one of your earlier threads that you are?) but my firm impression is that very, very few members of this forum are well enough capitalized to be using direct access brokerages and actually having their trades executed in the interbank market.

(That spammy guy from forex.com will doubtless be along on Monday morning to nit-pick at what I’ve said, above, and to point out that the brokerage he represents is not incentivized for their customers to lose … “in fact quite the opposite” … in spite of their being a market-maker!!)

1 Like

A more detailed understanding of market micro structure and engineering is required. A lot of conspiracy kicking around.

I have spoken with LMAX before about their accounts, market depth and access to disclosed and undisclosed liquidity pools. Can’t say I understand the micro structure properly and there isn’t enough time in the day to find out.

After I read all these posts… I came to the conclusion that nobody knows exactly what is the answer! Thanks for the help!!!

You are Welcome!

You didn’t help by originally asking a very vague question [quote=“Iulian81, post:1, topic:148401”]
Can anybody give me some hints about spotting the right market conditions
[/quote]

If you are serious about trading forex, I suggest you spend some months at the free school here. It will show you all the basics and more, it will help you decide what type of trader you are and will suggest strategies that suit different personalities. Then you will be better placed to ask questions specific to your chosen path

Namaste

Your free school tells nothing more than those on youtube or other sites… Nothing helpful only the same assumptions told with different words all over the web!! :smile_cat:

These five paragraphs are golden.

They should be a sticky.

They should also be included, and prominently, in the “school” pages, as the background within which everything else one can read here about brokers is interpreted.

2 Likes

I didn’t know you had already read it all here.