Market execution

Hi, i’ve tried the demo account of Deltastock Metatrader 4, and noticed that when i put a market execution order, the stop loss and profit take values are gray (can’t be set/modified),they can be modified only after the order is already placed on.Is this somekind of bug,or it’s just a feature of the platform,since with other brokers the TP and SL levels can be set before the order is placed.
It can be placed with pending orders instead but i like market orders better.

Hi.

You sent me a PM about this but you didn’t mention that you were placing a market order. I hate to be the one to tell you this but unless you purchase some or the other third-party add-on EA / software for MT4: that’s how MT4 works. Try it on any other broker’s MT4 platform and you’ll see what I mean. I’ve just tested this on three other brokers’ MT4 platforms (IBFX, AxiTrader, and Forex-Metal) and you cannot set your TP and SL when placing a market order i.e. only once the position is open can you then go and set those values. You say that it’s different with other brokers??? For the sake of interest: to which brokers are your referring (so that I can test).

Regards,

Dale.

Well i’ve tested some other broker’s platforms like FXDD and Oanda and you are right, but i saw some videos on youtube where they were enabled i`m sure just search for terms like “how to put a market order on mt4” or “how to execute a market order in mt4” and you see bunch of videos where it is enabled.Well anyways it’s not really a big deal since i now build an EA for automatic trading so it doesnt really bother me but still it would be nice to fix this or atleast implement a feature in MT4 or MT5 atleast.Anyway thanks for help Dale!

Hi.

Well: it’s probably (possibly) a setting in MT4 which is either enabled or disabled by the particular broker (although I’m “guessing” here now i.e. I don’t know this for a fact). I’ve my own issues with MT4 though. While it may be the most “popular” trading platform it’s definitely not without its shortcomings. I think my biggest two issues are a) if it’s not open and up and running on your PC then trailing stops (if used) don’t work and b) alerts don’t work. This necessitates the need for a VPS setup. I’ve never understood the reason why this has not been addressed and in my (limited) dealings with MetaQuotes it’s really a question of “that’s how it works: take it or leave it”. So “it is what it is” I guess.

Anyway: my pleasure (for the help). Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. “It is what is is”!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

1 Like

market excution is a nodealing deak broker . your order can be acess instantly. it does not requotes or delay.

Great post guys. Salute for you…
Let’s trying liteforex trading platform, its really good one…