Market Hours?

just out of curiosity, who are the big six ?

Hi, Mike

The latest numbers reveal that the largest [B]five[/B] banks now account for more than 60% of worldwide forex volume.

I just posted a list of the Top 10 this morning. Here’s a link: 301 Moved Permanently

Clint

Okay, here is a link for a screenshot of what I was referring to. This is the Oanda GBP/JPY chart for the afternoon of Sunday, November 15. The trading starts off at around 1:15 pm EST. At that time, who is trading, and what brokers are open?

Since I do not have 50 posts yet, I will supply the link for you to copy and paste into your browser.

://i34.tinypic.com/2drwi77.jpg

[B] In order for this not to show up as a link and get me into trouble, you must type http in front. [/B]

Pippy

I use Oanda, they open at 13:00 on Sunday. I had a long trade hours before my IBFX demo opened up. Don’t know who else is trading at that time though, I’m just one of the little fish.

HI Talon, so Oanda opens on Sunday, but I thought that the banks were closed so that the trades couldn’t be processed.

Pippy

The FX market is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a week. Liquidity however varies greatly and will usually be very low during holidays and in between different market sessions. But between the US, Europe, and Asia the market is usually pretty active throughout the whole day exccept on weekends.

what are the best time to trade if you live on the East coast? 8 - 12PM?