Market Timings and Sessions

There’s something i can’t understand about the trading sessions, and i can’t fully understand it from the course plus the timings written are different than the ones i can find on google or tradinghours.com.
1- Are these usually the best time to be trading?
2- Is the pre-opening session is as volatile as stock trading or no just because forex is 24 hours?
combined
3- The timings above are different than the ones written in the course, which is true?
4- Are these timings only important for stock traders?

Thanks

I trade for a living and the best times to trade are 7am to 6pm GMT time

1 Like

Can you explain more please? from your trading session, how many markets do open and are there markets that overlap each other during this period ?

This one might come in handy:

Thanks, But the problem i have with this chapter is that the timings they have are different than the ones i find on the internet, that’s why im confused, for example; New york open time in the course is 2PM(GMT+2), while on every other website it’s 3:30PM(GMT+2).

At 7am the European markets start to open as the Asia markets close which then runs to the New York open at 2.30pm and with the UK markets closing at 4.30pm the volatility starts to calm down up to 6ish. Lots of movement during these hours

2 Likes