MB Trading demo accounts - what gives?

Hello all -

Just registered for the forum, hopefully I can get some good info here! I am a programmer by trade, but am working with a friend who is more experienced in finance and forex in developing some automated systems. Anyway …

Currently, my program hits a MT4 client from java code. I have several systems under development, but I have one scalping system that has absolutely dominated some demo accounts with certain brokers (brokers that claim to offer ECN access through MT4). We recently were about to pull the trigger on one of these brokers only to find they don’t allow access via MT4 for American customers. :mad:

One of the more widely reviewed brokers that claims ECN access via MT4 that caters to US customers is MBT. I have tried running my bot against their demo servers, and get all kinds of weird behavior on their end, including off quotes errors on major pairs, and I’ve had several demo accounts disabled for some unknown reason. The bot isn’t even particularly hyperactive - some days making no trades, some days maybe up to 15-20.

Anyone else experience this kind of weirdness from MBT demo accounts? Anyone with live accounts care to share their experiences with automated trading?

Hi, I trade at MBT (demo account) for few months now and have same problems with this off quote errors, disconnections and on beginning I’ve also had several demo accounts disabled. I trade without EA or any bot. Allways when I had any problem I contacted their costumer service- live chat and I must say they allways answered my questions and mostly saved the problem. They said that this is hapenning because I was in trade while they were upgrading their platform MT4- and this should happen only at demo because at live account they dont do this while you are in a trade, something like that :rolleyes:. Did you try to contact them, what did they say? Before I go live, it would be great if anyone would share his experience regarding this problems in live trading.

java guy,

Not sure how you are connecting to MT4 via java but for info, the 'off-quotes" error is a generic error generated by their Boston Tech liquidity bridge. It has nothing to do with re-quotes or price, it simply means there is a technical error on their side and it happens on live account too.

I have my secrets re: MT4 and java :smiley:

I’ll try to contact MB and see what they say.

Hmm… Why don’t you try a broker that uses a Java platform? Hint… JForex via Dukas. :rolleyes:

V
BTW: I had three bad experiences with a live MBTrading account. Do not trust them. :eek:

Switching to dukas is on my list - my java code is platform agnostic, so I can easily swap out the platform I’m using.

I agree with vstar.

I had another ‘issue’ yesterday, and I find that I am again out of pocket because of MB Trading.

I would suggest giving them a wide berth.

Hi guys, I saw a thread here about MB Trading mt4 issues and had to weigh as I have personal experience with this one. I was searching for a good ecn broker and all forums were raving about MBT. So I decided to demo them before going live. There demo server constantly kept going off line, re-quotes like crazy and yes flash issues. The flash problem on their navigator desktop is even worse with shockwave crashes. Both platforms would clash with skype completely freeze my computer. Sometimes I trade while in a trading room on skype, so you can imagine my frustration. Also, you will notice slight differences in commission on their report and your print out which they can’t explain. For these reasons, I chose a different broker to open another live with. PB