MB Trading, Their Execution, and The DIfferent Platforms

I have read people having multiple problems with MBTrading and slippage. Not normal slippage we are talking 20 pips. There have also been claims that MBTrading has extremely horrible execution times (low liquidity). I am wondering because before the MT4 platform there were nothing but amazing reviews (pretty much). Does using the MT4 platform with MBTrading as opposed to their own platform effect the execution or slippage? Could this be possible? Or would you expect the same slippage and execution times on each platform?

I have never really encountered issues such as this so I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on MBTrading, their execution, and the different platforms.

Thanks,
Z

Slippage,execution, its very hard to define what is operator error and platform error. I am with MB, I am using their mt4 platform, and I have to say, its as quick as any other mt4 platform, except its an ECN on the back office of it.

I had the same problem with execution, so in order to cope, I commissioned an indicator that allows for instant buying and selling of a currency, with putting a sl and tp in with the order at the same time. If you don’t like inputting sltp, then I have an ea that monitors trades for those levels and takes them out instantly. I am gonna tweek the indicator/ea so that it puts an a limit order 1 pip above price, just to get the limit order bonus (couple that with cashforforex, and you have free trading).

My suggestion is if you are gonna trade the mt4 platform, definitely have hotkeys for scripts so that execution is as fast as possible. If you have a slow computer, try hosting on a windows-based VPS. Or you can just use their Desktop Pro to execute orders since its a bit quicker than the mt4, and just use the mt4 for charting…

Thanks for your input Eternity,
I was thinking the exact same thing, using the desktop pro for execution and using the MT4 for the charting aspect. I am getting familiar with the desktop pro, but in your opinion the MT4 platform does indeed have a slightly slower execution time? Also I was wondering about this rollover they have around 5PM EST, that is for all platforms right? Does it usually last for an extended period of time in your own opinion?

Z

Just like to add, using VPS for running your MT4 platforms for trading really makes a difference, especially because it doesn’t turn off, doesn’t interrupt the trading activities, even during power outage or intermittent connection. I use the VPS from traderscolo.com…I’m actually still testing it. It’s my second month and it works well so far.