Merry Christmas from another Newbie!

Hey All,

Just signed up and wanted to say hi and Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :blush:

I live in Germany and I am looking to get started in Forex trading. I am not rich and dont have 1000’s of EUR to throw into it. I just want to start with some small amounts and try to make a little side money. I dont expect to get rich, but some extra cash for me and the wife is always good. Plus I love challenges. I think that is what drives me the most, I want to beat it…LOL :smile:

But I must say that after about 2 weeks scouring the net and reading my butt off, my head is going to explode. Mainly just from trying to figure out what is a scam and what is real. I played around with some Binary trading and was doing good until they stole my money. Was not much, well to me it was but to you guys it probably is just a drip (was just 56 EUR). I also like the excitement of Binary Trading.

Anyway I hope to get a lot of help from this great forum and to help where and when I can.

Take care,
Jeff

Hello and welcome to the forum! Happy Holidays!

Thank you so much and a Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Same here! Lol

But, welcome to the forum and happy holidays! :slight_smile:
Looking forward to hearing more about your binary trading adventures.

Thanks much for the kind words and a Happy New Year to you also. :blush:

However I do not trade in Binary Options nor does this site teach Binary, or at least not that I am aware of.
This is FX Trading, with the one of the Major differences between Forex and Binary being that with binary options the risk and profit potential are both fixed at the outset of the trade.

Again I am just a newbie and I am sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong. :wink:

I’m also a newbie so I’m not very sure about the differences either. :sweat_smile: But yeah. As far as I know, BabyPips focuses on FX trading. :+1:

Aww. I see. I just thought you plan to pursue this as well since you mentioned in your original post that you like the excitement it brings. :sweat_smile: Sorry for misunderstanding. Have a great day!

No big deal. Just wanted to make sure you were aware of the difference.

Yup, got taken once and that was enough. I liked the excitement but figured I could basically do the same thing as this type of trading on Poker Stars with my favorite Texas Holdem…lol :joy: So that is why I started learning FX trading. I like the technical challenge of it all.

1 Like

I see! :slight_smile: So, how long have you been into FX trading?

Welcome to the forums, Jeff. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of help from the experienced traders here in the forums. Good luck and happy trading!

oh and Happy New Year to you and your wife. :slight_smile:

Thanks Tracer88! Do you learning to trade or are you already a trader?

Thanks for the Happy wishes, and as Ellen always says “Right Back At Ya” !

Oh I am fresh, I have only been studying for a couple of months now. Have a couple of Demo accounts open and am practicing what I learn each day.