Metatrader 5 for a newbie?

do you recommend metatrader 5 for a newbie like me? i have less than a month learning about forex and I want to start practicing somewhere. someone suggested metatrader 5 but I want to know if would be the best for someone as new as me.

3 Likes

The platform doesn’t matter that much.
But to answer your question, yes why not!!!

1 Like

Meta Trader 4 is the well established dinosaur :wink: but it is very well established, and MT5 isn’t backwards compatible with MT4 so unless there was a killer MT5 feature you need, I would stick with MT4

5 Likes

MT5, like any platform, will have a learning curve. MT4 is probably the most used platform out there because of the ecosystem around it, in add-ons and developers.

But double-check with your preferred broker. Some brokers may offer both, some just MT5, as Metaquotes, the company behind Metatrader, stopped selling MT4 licenses to new brokers. MT4 is almost 15 years old. Metaquotes wants you on MT5.

You might also want to have a look at Tradingview. They’re integrated in may brokers’ web platforms.

1 Like

MetaTrader 4 is better for newbie. But you should keep in mind that MT4 is designed for CFD forex instruments, whereas MT5 is an all-in-one state of the art multi-asset trading platform, covering both centralised and non-centralised financial markets, including, stocks, futures and FX trading instruments. MT5 is faster and more efficient, also it has more indicators.

2 Likes

With MT4 you can make use of market orders, pending, stop and trailing stop.

The type of execution is instantaneous.

The best of Metrader 4: technical analysis through more than 30 built-in indicators, more than 2,000 user indicators you can download them free from its Code Base library…

Interactive and unlimited charts you can open all the charts you want at the same time from which you can trade directly. On them you can configure up to 23 analytical objects: lines, channels, Gann, Fibonacci instruments, figures, arrows, etc. My LVM Trade brokers run that platform and it’s really cool

Unless you are also involved in trading stocks and futures, MT4 is the best platform to start with.

I, personally, prefer Metatrader 4. That said, keep in mind it’s no longer being developed - the software developer Metaquotes stopped doing that a while ago and moved onto Metatrader 5.

Metatrader 5 is a good platform. It is a user friendly and glitch free platform. It is an upgraded version of Metatrader 4. You can also trade cryptos on Metatrader 5. It offers features like separate trading and ordering accounts. helps you to forecast the movements of prices of various financial instruments

Metatrader 5 is an advanced version of Metatrader 4. It offers trading in forex, stocks, futures, cryptos, commodities and indices. You can perform technical analysis on it and open multiple charts as well. You can make a choice by choosing which instruments you wish to trade. Both the platforms are equally good.

1 Like

I agree but unless you are also involved in trading stocks and futures, MT4 is the best platform to start with.

1 Like

You can choose MT5 for your trading but if you are new then it is better to use MT4 since this platform is simple and easy to use.

2 Likes

I don’t know how successful the period is now for starting work like this

1 Like

I think you should go with MT4 but if you want to start with MT5, that is also okay. As per my experience, MT4 is more user friendly and even advanced traders don’t let go of it that easily. You should also check with your broker if they provide both platforms. I started with MT4 with Pepperstone, Fxview, etc. and till date I use this platform. The interface is also good and manageable with both brokers.

Metatrader 4 was stopped being further develop. While i am prefer MT4 over MT5 but lets have to face the reality that MT4 already 15 years old platform while MT5 is more polish and modern trading platform, and suite current multi asset, advance programming language.

The move of the community over to MT5 will happen eventually. Once the devs and goodies move in droves, then we can say goodbye to MT4

I agree with you but MT4 is a tried and tested platform with a number of brokers offering this platform. The flexibility plus reliability that it will not incur downtimes is a big boon. So it is not like MT4 is utterly useless but MT5 would take time to replace MT4.

I think MT4 and MT5 are both not useful because whatever the bots I have made with MT4, are not compatible with MT5. But I seriously want the features of MT5 so that is why I think proprietary trading platforms offered by the broker side are much useful.

I don’t think so, proprietary trading platforms aren’t flexible like the MetaTrader ones. Not all give the flexibility to write their own EAs which is not good for the experienced traders.

The meta trader platforms of trading are offered by every other broker in the market. I have personally used IG and Fxview for years now and I know the MT4 trading platform like the back of my hand. This is why most traders are apprehensive towards switching platforms because they don’t want to waste their time in learning new things. It is analogous to that if the wheel is working then why to reinvent the wheel; it is useless.