MetaTrader4 Broker

Hello,

Does anyone know any good brokers that I can use the MetaTrader4 client with? I have seen interbankfx, but I don’t know how good they are. Any other good ones?

Thanks
Jeff.

I haven’t used any of these but here is a list of 95 brokers with links to their websites.

Topgun

MetaTrader Brokers List 01.03.07.pdf (94.4 KB)

Thanks,

I have a lot of research to do. I wonder if anyone knows which one’s of these are the “big dogs” or at least “reliable dogs” :slight_smile:

Jeff.

To make sure that the broker is not a bucket shop or other type of ‘fly-by-night’ operation you should check to see if the broker is registered with any offical associations in the country where it operates.

For brokers based in the United States you should check out the NFA and CFTC websites. If the broker purports to be a member of the National Futures Association (NFA) you can double check this by doing a search for them on the National Futures Association’s Background Affiliation Status Information Center (BASIC) search page.

Another interesting check that can be done is to see how much capital your broker currently has. If the broker is registered as a Futures Commission Merchants (FCM) you can perform a check on the Commodity Futures Trading Commision’s website for the broker’s financial data. Just download the most recent .pdf or Excel file to see how much capital the broker has reported to the CFTC. Make sure to check out the Adjusted Net Capital, Net Capital Requirement and especially Excess Net Capital figures.

Does anyone just use an ODL account, since its ODL’s trading platform.

Ta

Stewart

I got an account with tradexfx.com, but I got it thru their IB.
If you go directly with them you won’t get as good spreads. If you like to go thru their IB let me know, and I will send you the contact details (you can then get 2 pips on euro, 3 on gbp/usd, 5 on gbp/jpy -> this spread is probably the best I have seen on this pair). They allow scalping, they have a hedge etc… I am happy with them so far.

There are many forex brokers with MT4 but, I am using Kerford Investments and it is good. They give tight spreads on majors.

I use acm and they are pretty good, they are a Swiss broker and will add mt4 on July

why not give fxopen a trial. they are the best broker,i have ever seen with lots of freebies for their new/old clients

1. 25$ free for any new account opened
  2. 100$ free for a total of 10 lots traded by client
    3)25$ free for 100 threads posted on their forum site
    4)free commission of 1pip for every position opened by your referral.
    5)currently they are having a promo of 100$ for the best FAQs posted by any of their client.
    and lots more.

why not check out all this for a proof at :

cabinet.fxopen.com/Actions/Redirect.ashx?Agent=183675
after confirming them, you can go ahead to open an account through the link below.

you will be happy i told you this

Alpari all day long, one of the better MT4 brokers out there not had any problems with them at all

apart from reqouts in busy times but you cant have it all

webjeff,

That is a very broad question…

Identify your specific requirements and that will norrow the field down somewhat. Often the choice of broker is a compromise between several factors.

You should be considering the following :-

Spreads…are you looking for fixed spreads or variable spreads. You need to understand the pros and cons of each.

Are you willing to pay commission?

What leverage do you desire?

What is your funding ability ie what size account do you wish to set up?

Do you need to trade microlots(ie 0.01 of standard)?

Often the better brokers require a minimum of $2000 because they only offer minilots(ie 0.1) with a leverage of 1:100. You cannot trade a $500 account this way, so you compromise…

Finally you can do the regulation thing, but I feel this is way over-rated. I am convinced that the NFA is trying to kill off retail trading altogether.

Once you know what your requirements are you can go looking. There are plenty review sites out there. Take it all with a pinch of salt but glean what info you can. Ignore ratings with less the 15 user reviews.

My top picks at the moment are forex.com for variable spread non-commision microlots and PFGbest if you want to notch it up a level. Others to keep an eye on are Fxcbs and Gomarkets in Australia.

I was with Alpari but their spreads have become uncompetitive, and they don’t offer some of the currency pairs that I wish to trade. Also, I don’t fall for the fixed spread scam anymore…:eek:

I’m currently with MB Trading, they have been pretty good.

ACM is also my broker & it is the best broker out there by far!
Their platforms have won several awards and they will become ACM Bank by the end of the summer.
G�day traders!

My broker is also ac-markets and when I asked costumer serviced they told me it is already approved and will in fact add meta 4 platform this month. They also won several awards for their platforms and as a forex broker.
Online Forex Trading | Currency Trading | ACM
regards!