Millennials more likely to die prematurely from suicide and drug overdoses vs. previous generations

Now even more challenges loom over young people. Many Millennials who had their careers crippled by the 2008 recession are being flung into yet another economic downturn, just as they’re supposed to be hitting their career peak. Because of social-distancing restrictions meant to reduce the spread of the coronavirus, young people who hoped to find a partner haven’t been able to date in person for months. And still more outbreaks of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, might occur this year. As David Grusky, the director of the Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality, put it to me, Millennials are “the bad-luck cohort.”

warren

I think there are trends that even he can’t predict.

1 Like

I appreciate his optimism haha. Which he did not have when he sold his airline stocks. :sweat_smile:

Heard this one?

Holy crap what a story!!! :sob: A true cautionary tale. Oh my goodness.

What is really surprising is how did he manage to get a leverage that high?

Looks like this article has more details on it:

Kearns may not have realized that his negative cash balance displaying on his Robinhood homescreen was only temporary and would be corrected once the underlying stock was credited to his account. Indeed it’s not uncommon for cash and buying power to display negative after the first half of options are processed but before the second options are exercised—even if the portfolio remains positive.

“Tragically, I don’t even think he made that big of a mistake. This is an interface issue, they have slick interfaces. Confetti popping everywhere,” says Brewster referring to the shower of colorful confetti Robinhood routinely deploys after customers make trades. “They try to gamify trading and couch it as investment.”

Prob an interface issue? Idk but I feel like if this blows up, more regulation will soon come.