Million Dollar Pips

Hi Johnny,
Seems like you have missed all trades on MDP yesterday. I had 13 trades total with only 2 loses on the newest version 1.1.3

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

yea I don’t know what happened. I am checking my vps and also communicating with support to see if something is wrong and if so how to correct it.

I have got MDP v1.1.3 set to default. I have had it running since Monday 24/7 on my Hot Forex Live account. Can you confirm your setting please because since Monday (26/06/2011) it has only done 3 trade which all lost. I am on the default settings in M1 Timeframe. HEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP!!! I want this to work, also can you explain to me how i get the rebates ??? thanx:53:

I think there`s been only three trades since then. check the mdp site on myfxbook…

I’m running MDP 1.1.3 on FinFX. It only traded 4 times this week. The myfxbook account on the MDP website has 26 trades this week. I sent an email to the developer about why there’s such a big difference in the number of trades. I bought this EA because of it high number of trades.

Is anyone else noticing this too?

Johnny: What do think?

well you guys are all beating me. I havent had a trade since 6.22 I don’t know whats wrong. I have been communicating with William trying to figure it out.

Starting next tuesday I will be running mdp from my desktop to see if that will make it trade.

As far as trade frequency I know there is a setting to increase this amount for those looking for rebates.

BTW for rebates (hoddyj) you have to either sign up as an affiliate then open an account through your link or you have to find an ib who offers cash back per trade.

I believe numOrders_Level 0-4 is for trade frequency so if you want more trades select 4

Wouldn’t it be easier/smarter instead of dealing with “rebates” to just switch to a broker with super low spreads? FXDD and LCG have <1 pip spreads for EUR/USD most parts of the day.

uh no i cant stand fxdd and lcg??? don’t know who they are

I’m quite happy with hotforex

is LCG a white label for gain capital? If so I hate them to they suck

Hi,
Noticed on your ‘myfxbook’ that the MDP is trading eurusd, gbpusd, usdchf AND usdjpy rather successfully (not quite so with the usdchf tho, maybe you should disable that pair :wink: ). On the MDP page the author says it’s a eurusd bot, with the option of buying a separate bot for the usdjpy.
Was there any problems using the bot on these other pairs?

I recently bought the bot as well, even tho I consider myself as a old school trader who likes the hands on approach. I followed your lead and set up a tiny hotforex account and enabled the bot for the account, but sadly the darn bot doesn’t do anything. Probably the same problem as you are experiencing. My version is 1.1.4 i believe, might be something with the newer bots…
Anyhows, a support ticket have been filed to the developer. Hopefully they got a remedy soon.

Best of luck and keep us updated how it fares :slight_smile:

Maybe the low number of trades is because of settings. If your max Lotsize is too high and your risk is too low, trades won´t be executed. It´s mathematically impossible.

So it`s maybe about the settings.

Hi,
Noticed on your ‘myfxbook’ that the MDP is trading eurusd, gbpusd, usdchf AND usdjpy rather successfully (not quite so with the usdchf tho, maybe you should disable that pair ). On the MDP page the author says it’s a eurusd bot, with the option of buying a separate bot for the usdjpy.
Was there any problems using the bot on these other pairs?

I recently bought the bot as well, even tho I consider myself as a old school trader who likes the hands on approach. I followed your lead and set up a tiny hotforex account and enabled the bot for the account, but sadly the darn bot doesn’t do anything. Probably the same problem as you are experiencing. My version is 1.1.4 i believe, might be something with the newer bots…
Anyhows, a support ticket have been filed to the developer. Hopefully they got a remedy soon.

Best of luck and keep us updated how it fares

Sorry forthe confusion, I actually ended up putting wallstreet on that account too. I should change the name. I haven’t had a trade in a while using mdp.

Maybe the low number of trades is because of settings. If your max Lotsize is too high and your risk is too low, trades won´t be executed. It´s mathematically impossible.

So it`s maybe about the settings.

I tried maxing out the trade frequency and the risk is 1.5%

can you explain the max lots thing.

Anyway I just checked my settings again. I think you may have helped me solve the problem, only time will tell.

I had min lot set to .0001 and max lots 1000
I think hotforex minimum would be.001 (cents) if mdp tried to open anything with the 4th decimal I think the order would be rejected. .1 = $1 .01 = 10 cents .001 = 1 penny

lets see what happens

also just to add to my previous post.

I changed min lots to .001 and max lots to 1
trade frequency is 4 (much to high for me I think, but I want this bot to trade so know its working than I will adjust back down to 2)

real quick, I wanted to let you guys know I transfered my account over toa currenex account. I will correct all the info in my fxbok and stuff and let you guys know how it goes. I will say this hotforex support is top notch 100% very very good :smiley:

Why did you switch accounts?

I too followed johnnykanroo’s ideas and setup a $300 hotforex account… I set the risk @ 3.5% all other settings default. I have lost a small amount this week, been running it live since monday. Its made more trades than you guys have reported, but they haven’t really lost or gained much… Today for example its made 3, one down .24c, one up $3.08, and one down $5.88. I’m on the .13 version though it sounds like maybe the .14 isn’t much better. I too have ‘good feelings’ about hot forex, seem to be pretty good. One thing I think is important is speed of the feed… It seems like it wants to scalp during high volume moves, I setup my VPS in England even though I’m in the US, so I wonder if its getting less lag in the data feed their vs. a US VPS, and maybe thats why I’m getting more trades than you guys. There’s a good second or so you’re losing each way going across the Atlantic.

Edit: wow, just looked, 115 is out now.

I have been trading million dollar pips since it came out and have been updating it everytime a new update came out. So far I have been profitable with this EA not huge profits but profits none the less. I look forward to seeing how 1.5 will do.

Why did you switch accounts?

currenex has better spreads so thats why I switched.

Iv been trade the milliondollarpips on Finfx they have pretty good spreads, I wish I could get an account with ThinkForex b/c thats what they are using but hopefully there wont b a big difference

Ian here is how you can check your vps to broker ping speed. BTW my vps is in UK as well and I am on the east coast usa.

I just checked my UK VPS average ping to hotforex is 7ms while my USA ping time is average 103 ms

heres how you check (for windows 7)

click start
click on the search bar and type CMD
a black dos box will appear
in that box type ping hotforex.com
it will test and return the results to you immediatly.

You can do this with any broker just use there website address. I do believe latency is a big part of MDP’s success or failure.

BTW still no trades. Over the long weekend I will go through my vps and completely delete the mt4 that MDP is on and reinstall it and start totally fresh.

Johnny what vps do you use in UK, does it cost very much?