Million Dollar Pips

I use thrust and no they are very inexpensive. So far they are very good and reliable. Also they are running windows 2008 which is basically the server version of windows 7. So far I am very happy with them.

here’s a link to there simple vps which is around $14 a month. BTW I am not an affiliate just a happy customr.
Simple::VPS | Thrust::VPS

Thanks for the info il look into them.

Hi Guys

Just to say i have just downloaded MDP v1.1.5 now ready for this week, hope it makes any differance. Default settings again.

Johnny, the ping rate is 16ms from my VPS whic is based in the UK, Hotforex.com are based in Cyprus so you are closer from the UK. Also so bear in mind that when choosing a VPS Provider that you check the server that you are accessing has at least 1GB of Physical Memory, the storage is not really important as you just want the speed. 2 GB is better but depends on your budget !!!

There is also another way to check your throughput as Johnny has decribed, but to get a better analysis whilst the MT4 Platform is running, from your server do the following from the command prompt:-

ping hotforex.com -l 1580 -t

This will open the bytes width and also keep the ping running whilst the trades are been excuted, you will get a better analysis of the bandwidth to Hotforex, this needs to be small for a scalper EA to really work efficantly. Also Hotforex spread are very small, i thank for EUR/USD around 1.6 as an average, which is also good for a scalper EA.

The VPS i use is 1and1 based in the UK, again can customise your server to your needs and i think there is a deal at the moment 3 months free on the 2GB server (XL server i think it is called) but check it out 1and1.co.uk. As Johnny says i am not an affiliate for them, i have just used them for years. Servers are up and running within a couple of hours depending on you spec.

Hope this has helped.

Also let me know your results of MDP v1.1.5 and any setting changes.

Happy Trading guys

Just thought i would put you a screenshot in so you know what it looks like for those who haven’t done this before.

MDP v1.1.5 UPDATE
This morning has done 2 trades, 1 win and 1 lose, but profitable. :slight_smile:

Ive got a ping of 115ms, maybe thats affecting the bots performance. Only had two trades in a week with defoult settings so far.

Just updated it to v. 1.1.5 as well, could be some fixes there but hard to know whats in the update. Never liked black box solutions, hard to know what makes it tick :confused:

BTW HotForex is based in Mauritius, if you ping hotforex.com you’ll get there server in Port Louis.

Sorry slight error, Hotforex are in Mauritius, i new they were out that way somewhere.

thanks for the better way to test latency I will definitely try that.

btw still no trades for me. It looks like somehow my mdp chart got deleted??? I don’t know how this can happen. I’m so aggravated

Dunno whats happening, my bot has been running for a whole week now and only completed two trades.
I even put it on a VPS server with minimal latency to the brokers server (average 20ms ie very good).
Anyone having success with the bot for the last week, whats your settings?

I’m with you, almost nothing for a while now… But if you look at the milliondollarpips myfxbook… It would seem he’s getting some trades in.

Hi Guys,

I had 4 trades this week, 1 lose 3 wins.

My Settings:-
Configuration================= Configuration
Show_Debug=0
Verbose=0
Silent=0
NumOrders_Level_Info_1=Range of 0…4, adjusts Number of Trades
NumOrders_Level_Info_2=0=Max Profit% 4=Max Num.Trades/Rebates
NumOrders_Level=2
Additional_Channels_Info_1=Range of 0…8
Additional_Channels_Info_2=Safely improves trading frequency
Additional_Channels=1
Slippage_Info_1=Lower value improves profit rate,
Slippage_Info_2=higher: trades more but less accurately
Slippage=3
Magic=112226
Max_Simultaneous_Orders=8
FIFO_Info_1=if Simultaneous_Orders>1 ,
FIFO_Info_2=u.s. citizens should turn it on
FIFO_Info_3=(required for NFA compliance)
FIFO=1
OrderCmt=MDP_EURUSD_1.1.5
Pessimistic_Testing_Info_1=Simulate bad live account conditions
Pessimistic_Testing_Info_2=during backtesting (i.e. Slippages)
Pessimistic_Testing_Info_3=(this has no effect in FIFO mode :
Pessimistic_Testing_Info_4= +turn off FIFO for “optimistic”)
Pessimistic_Testing=0
Funky_Exit_Info=Exit trades sooner
Funky_Exit=1
Money_Management=---------------- Money Management
Min_Lots=0.00100000
Max_Lots=1.00000000
Risk_Info_1=Fixed risk % of balance per order
Risk_Info_2=NOTE : Trading volume is very variable
Risk_Info_3=as stop losses are in different distances
Risk=1.50000000
SL_TP_Trailing=---------------- SL / TP / Trailing
Trailing_Resolution=5.00000000
Use_Stop_Orders_Info_1=Set true if 1) your broker doesn’t deal with
Use_Stop_Orders_Info_2=opening slippage when executing STOP orders
Use_Stop_Orders_Info_3=and 2) broker stop level is <= 2.0 pips
Use_Stop_Orders=0
Hard_Stop_Trailing_Info_1=Trailing hard Stop/Loss and Take/Profit
Hard_Stop_Trailing_Info_2=Otherwise, doing it in programmatic manner
Hard_Stop_Trailing_Info_3=and SL/TP is just for covering
Hard_Stop_Trailing=0

Just getting off the point of MDP, don’t know if any of you guys are running FAPTurbo 53, but since Monday 4th July 2011, it has performed 24 trades, 21 wins and 3 losses :slight_smile:

I did quite a bit of backtesting last night and found that slippage=12 was the sweet spot (ThrustVPS UK, HotForex, 10-17ms ping avg). Already had a profitable trade this morning. Of course Idk for sure back testing slippage relates directly to forward testing, sure would be nice if the author had a forum somewhere, or even posted in this thread.

I can invite him to post here.

btw guys MDP has finally come alive. I changed accounts and put it on my desktop so I’m not sure what fixed it but I am using hotforex currenex which has much tighter spreads. Anyway today MDP has added 2.55% to my account so yea I’m pretty happy :smiley:

Same here, MDP suddently spurred into life and executed 7 trades in a row all within 20mins! 6 winners and 1 loser, good going :slight_smile:
Some feedback from the author or a forum/faq would be great tho, so I please invite him over if possible hehe

Yeh, i had a good day today, 7 trades, 6 win and 1 lose and 3 yesterday, 2 wins and 1 lose. IT’S ALIVE!!!

me to 7 trades 6 winners 1 loss

What robot do you use? johnnykanoo’s Avatar
johnnykanoo>Miliondollarpips? What results?

Hoodyj> what about you?

Ouch!.. NFP and MDP does not match well!
8 trades, all losers with a total of 63,6 pips lost.
Note to self, turn of the Bot on such days…

MDP had 11 trades today, 7 losers and 4 winners (-$64.54 +$68.49) Well a profit is a profit :slight_smile:

Raissek:
I use MDP, FAPTurbo, Rubberbands (Risky but can be extremely profitable in the right market conditions) and i am testing EV and Blessing 3, and of course my manual trading using Fibonacci Retracements and my Indicators.

Indicators: GMACD (alone can double your account in a week) Commodity Channel Index (Very Good if you know how to use) Average Directional Movement Index (Very Good if you know how to use) All used together gives me about 85% success rate when trading manually.