Mobile trading VS. Desktop trading. When ? Why?

MOBILE TRADING VS DESKTOP TRADING. WHEN ? WHY ?
:small_orange_diamond:
With a programming background, I always asked myself why would I need to use my mobile to trade. I mean, I have created many personal trading tools that were designed to imply my strategies with the least interfering or watching.
I’ve created more than 20 trading tools and so far I’ve receive 25K+ downloads of these trading tools. Here are some of my trading tools: The Currency Strength Meter, The Breakout Strength Meter, The Potential Entries, The famous Trading Panel, The Account Watch, etc.
The reason behind creating and relying on my trading tools, because it will spare all the psychological and mental effort from watching all these charts. Let’s not forget time too. Besides, trading tools are very systematic and doesn’t think twice to execute my orders in volatile and non-volatile markets.
With that being said, you might think that I don’t encourage trading via our mobile. Well personally I don’t trade via my mobile. Yet, I believe that trading via your mobile is OK. So, from your point of view when and why would a trader trade via his mobile ?

2 Likes

I guess the most obvious answer is when they don’t own a laptop/PC! :slight_smile:

Personally, I trade off my laptop (with mobile internet), which goes with me whenever I am away from home for some time. But because my strategy includes hourly monitoring, then if I happen to be just out shopping or visiting or such like, then I will generally check in hourly on my mobile and make any adjustments if and when necessary. That is all I use my mobile for.

7 Likes

I use both. Laptop at home, phone when out. Doesn’t make a difference.

3 Likes

mobile trading is okay and appropriate for sometimes but if you want to make sure the real trading environment of course you have to move on dextop trading , no way there is without that.

3 Likes

Motoring trades and closing positions is ok on the mobile. I have 1 monitor so I use the mobile to study charts on another timeframe also.

1 Like

I prefer mobile trading.

1 Like

Monitoring trades using a mobile is fine, but the desktop is a better option for live trading because it is much more smooth on a desktop than using a mobile.

1 Like

Mobile trading can be a bit of a hassle to do analysis. Analyzing the desktop, everything is understood correctly. But many times it can be wrong when analyzing mobile. That’s why I suggest trading on the desktop.

1 Like

Desktop trading for me.

1 Like

Majority prefers mobile trading.

1 Like

i use my laptop for analysis and mobile phone for placing trades.

2 Likes

Can you describe your trading style ? For example, if you are a scalper, can you trade using your mobile ?

Why not using your laptop for both analysis and executing trades ?

Can you share with us a reference in which it says that majority prefers mobile trading ?

can you share with us why you prefer mobile trading ?

Everyone has their own tastes and likes. I dont ever see myself trading on a mobile phone. I like to see EVERYTHING big and bold to reduce the chances of me making an error of any kind, lol. It also has a lot to do with my strategy/style of trading.

1 Like

Intraday price action swing trader.

It doesn’t make a difference.

I use naked charts, so I just need to see the charts.

I can trade, and evaluate trades anywhere, anytime as long as I can sign into Oanda.

That’s all I need.

1 Like

There are days when I don’t have PC/Laptop with me so that ways a smartphone comes into play you know. With that, there will be no hindrance in my trading.

1 Like

I prefer trading using a desktop because it’s much smoother, but I have to travel and check on my trades mobile is the best option because it is easy to carry around.

2 Likes

It all depends on the system and processor that your device own. The higher processor is, the better the function will be.

I always like do to both, but desktop is much preferred for bigger screen.

1 Like