Giving the HLHB system a shot with real money. Opened 3 positions yesterday and 3 more this morning and I’m risk capped on this live test account for the week.
My mods to help reduce signal noise:
- Using the OBV with a 100 ema applied to confirm long/short entry
- CHOP indicator to help avoid moving average cross noise in consolidation periods
- combined the RSI & EMA crosses into a visual indicator. RSI is the white/grey background for the 50 cross, ema cross will add the blue or red stripe for upward/downward crosses.
- 50 pip SL
- Pyramid on additional in-trend signals that are generated, if risk management allows for new positions.
- edit: per my usual approach with discretionary trading, I have a person “grace period” with trades where I’ll still enter if I missed the signal within 5 candles and price is no more than 25 pips away from signal trigger.
So far the system has returned 5% on risked capital in the past 24 hrs with <1% drawdown.