Mom of 4 Boys ready to Trade

Hi Everyone
I’m a single mom of 4, past flight attendant trying to take day trading on as a new career and way to be with my boys.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome. Make sure you have a steady source(s) of income as forex rarely forms a steady income for many. At best you’re probably looking at a few years before you make money from it. Unfortunately that’s not a sexy thing to see on social media so half of what you see are blatant lies.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome.
Trading can be really challenging before you actually realize progress, but with commitment its very possible to turn it to your way of being with family. In anyway you ought start somewhere bit by bit to goal. You are welcome to seek help , we here to do so. Been trading for years now myself.

Welcome! Be sure to complete Pipsology!

Welcome.

~25 hours per week, split between screentime, and backtesting strategies, for 2-3 years, for little to no reward, but with almost guaranteed losses and the odd blown account or two, so keep ur accounts either demo or very small to start with and view the steady drainage of your funds as a training fee.

…then perhaps you will be ready to think about increasing the amounts you are willing to risk, although you won’t necessarily be steady and consistent by this point.

That is the reality of the required learning curve for most people, although there are the odd exceptions that just seem to pick it up after a couple of months. Who knows, perhaps you will be one of the latter types.

If you have your eyes on one of the 100K + funded prop accounts, then do realise that failure rate for these evaluations are generally somewhere over 90%. So don’t even think forking out money to do one of those until you know that you should be able to pass it…

Don’t want to burst any balloons, but this sh1t is tough. Doable only by those with the capacity to really commit themselves to it. No easy money to be got here.

3 Likes

Be prepared for several long hauls. It took me two years to become a consistently breakeven profitable trader. However, when you reach that stage you will be experienced enough to have options of where to go from there. A prop firm challenge or following a live profitable trader, or still go it alone.

Best of luck on your journey.

Best of luck! maybe swing trading would suit your time and commitments better or scalp when you have time when they are at school :slight_smile: Stay dedicated and you’ll get there :slight_smile:

Hi, welcome to BP! That’s great, I hope you achieve your goals. Checkout the pipsology course to get a kickstart on your journey. Good luck!

Wow, sounds like you got your hands full. Best of luck!

Awesome. I’ve seen other moms here make trading work for them but the one I most interact with is @HeavenRobinson!

1 Like

Hi! Love to see other moms here, I definitely think it’s worth pursuing! I started trading a while back to help with bills and things, and it’s been a long road but it has helped my family out a lot. Wishing you the best of luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hi. Welcome to babypips. Cheers. More power to you!