More on Reputation

I know there is a thread for this but the mods seem to have done nothing. This is a copy of MerlinX one and only post (I have nothing against him/her, just using it a an example) and he already has the highest possible rep for his contributions. Presumably a post saying thanks will make him an Hon FX Men Member. Frankly the rep ribbon is misleading like this and needs urgent attention or turning off

Hey Tony,

I agree and I believe that turning it OFF is the way to go (it’s FAR to open to abuse).

I’ll tell you this for nothing though:

What is even MORE concerning to ME is the actual CONTENT of that post!!! Something ‘feels wrong’ and I just cannot ‘put my finger on it yet’.

Thanks for your input guys.

Reputation was something many users wanted when it wasn’t working, and not that we have it people are abusing it left and right (as with some other forum features).

I’ve tried turning reputation off myself, but it looks like i’m going to have to send it to the techies. Please be patient. Thanks.

I personaly like reputation and I was proud of my status but now its gone :frowning: Its a shame that because of just a tiny few people abusing something that we all must be punished.

Its obvious who made that post/thread.

It’s not [B]just[/B] that some may have been mis-using it, it seems to be incorrectly giving, or taking, hundreds of points per thumbs up/down given and I thought it was supposed to be 10?.. the rep titles are based on the points value, so if the points are wrong, so will the titles. We members are not able to give points, only a thumbs up, or down, and a comment, so it’s not us…it’s …it’s …[B]HAL[/B] :eek: :smiley:

It was definitely HAL…or maybe that new upstart chick featured in [I]Sunshine[/I]. :smiley: :wink:

You’re on to something there.

It’s good that it’s gone. I gave a couple of new guys some rep because they had some nice things to share and they became instant fx-men. A little bit of overkill.

Then if you build rep, one troll can come and take it all away. A couple of guys were getting bashed by a rep troll.

Get on with your trading and stop worrying about ‘cr*p’!!!

And I’m not quite sure what the references (above) to Tony’s post mean BUT if they’re meant to be derogatory then know this:

Tony is one of the oldest and most respected members of these forums and one of the few who gives out GOOD advice BACKED UP by experience and knowledge and I can ASSURE you that he’s got better things to do than mess around with reputation points IF that is what was being alluded to!!!

THANK YOU Pipcrawler for taking care of this!!!

Huh??? Are you talking about my post?

If you are, you are way off. It has nothing to do with Tony?

Read again, and not to deep, you will get it.:):stuck_out_tongue:

I WAS IN AGREEMENT WITH YOU GUYS.

Hey Dale,
I think cadarkitek’s and M2P’s posts were with reference to the post made by MerlinX, not regarding Tony. At least, that’s where mine was directed. I’m in agreement that there’s no reason whatever to impugn Tony’s post or credibility.

In any case, all water under the bridge at this point. Back to weightier matters…

When I made refrence to a “rep troll”, I was talking about someone (a troll, like ie: abner) that consTantly “thumbs down” another member over and over again just to abuse the rep feature and bash that member.

SO I AM SAYING “IT’S GOOD THE REP IS GONE”.:):wink:

I agree with Tony for wanting to thrash can it. I wasn’t, and never will, make a negative refrence towards him. He is one of, if not the best, knowledgeable members here.

Thanks for that feedback, positive comments from ones peers is better than a rep ribbon anyday

Whoops!!!

Sorry: it would seem that I (ME) am the one with ‘egg on my face’!!!

Sorry if I took the post(s) the wrong way and NOW I DO understand!!!

What’s REAL funny about this is that I TOO was REAL concerned about the CONTENT of that post!!!

Anyway: again sorry!!!

On the OTHER hand let’s face it: we made your day Tony??? LOL!!!

While the rep points might make someone feel good about themselves, I see them as useless. It is up to the individual to decide whether internet content is b.s. or not. I say shut them off forever, they are as worthless as post counts.