Most important indicators for you?

Moving average, RSI and support/resistance lines for when you’ve moved past the longest MA that u use and they can no longer help you. I know everyone rails about volume, but I generally find it unreliable - it’s interesting to look at but doesn’t make me money. Some of the candlestick patterns like cup-bottom or bearish flag can be ok…

Pivot points, Alligator, Ichimoku, Moving average, Fibs, Average directional movement index
that’s my top

There is no right anwser to your question because it all depends on the trading style. Let me explain to you what I mean: For exemple, I only trade crosses, they are known to be more trendy than other pairs, so in a trendy environment I could use the RSI. Wouldn’t it be great to exactly know when to seel/buy just by looking at the RSI? Of course it won’t work otherwise everybody would be a trader. Stochastic works better for ranging markets and/or pairs like EUR/GBP or EUR/CHF. So as you see, it all depends on which pair, and strategy you use!

I can only say to you that the 21 SMA works good at H4 and indicates well the short term trend on D1, however all indicators are lagging (this is my opinion) so I don’t use any indicators anymore.

To anwser your question: Moving Average was my fav. indicator, because it’s easy to comprehend, but the correct answer would be Price Action itself I guess. There is no better indicator than price itself. So just try it out and see what works best for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am in complete agreement with this little remark. In my humble opinion, while the use of indicators is perceived as necessary in view of their predictive prowess all this is similar to the forecasting models for weather. They are still hit-or-miss.

Fractals and Elliott Wave. That’s all. :joy:

1 Like