Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

Hey Mp,

Really appreciate you taking time out to help us.

I’m trying to implement your strategy I’m trying real hard but I’m having a lot of problems I was hoping you could tell me what I’m doing wrong.

The problem I’m facing is that the lrc repaints. Lets say I’ve drawn the lrc and price has come up to the top bar, now I know you said this acts as resistance and cant tell u whether price will bounce off it and head back down or price will break on through and shoot up.

So I wait till till price reaches the upper lrc line and then i wait if the next candle is bear candle i assume price has bounced and well head downward but lo and behold price reverses again and heads breaking the upper line and I’m left high and dry.

Now if I redraw the lrc it simply repaints and shows that price is near or just about at the top channel and I’m like wtf??? hey wasnt the lrc much lower just a few minutes ago??

I’ve lost at least a hundred pips real money trying this so obviously i’m doing something not in line with your teaching.

So it repaints, did you have the same problem and how do u get by it.

many thanks

[img=http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/2303/chartaa9.th.gif]

Thankyou for the many interesting adds to MT4. Talk about a contrast in charting… lol. I made a few questionable trades yesterday, until finding the “gold” in your charts… but found it has been.

To those starting micro/mini accounts, patients is a virtue… if you are only looking for one trade a day, if that, then you should find what you are looking for in the right timeframes. Just remember, sleep is something the mind needs to function properly. If you miss a move, there will be another one coming… don’t beat yourself or you account up trying to catch a piece of the end of a move… very unforgiving.

I am looking at starting an account next week on my new business, will let all know how it goes.

Good pippin,

Chubs

I�m not an expert about scripts and ea�s but it�s usual in expert trader�s strategies. They just set one of these tools and make a lot of money with those. For sure a trader need to rest, nad that is why these tools exist

enjoy and trade well

mp

[B]YES ![/B]

enjoy

mp

this weekend i will resurect my favorite indicator of all — the MACD, MA x-over DIVERGENCE METER !

nothing fancy, but if youre in an uptrend and you see this little sucker pointing down, it is telling you that when resistance is hit on this timeframe, DOWN we go as the next move !

its just a little “prophesizing” thing, but works remarkably well.

mp

Hello MP, let’s continue over here!

Re time-based reversals, yes today was a beut at 12, but yesterday 11am, then 10.30 day before, then 1.15am before that.
In fact, I went back over the charts for a month and couldn’t see any pattern to the reversals whatsoever. Either I’m missing something blindingly obvious (possible!) or I’ve misunderstood.

Although I trade wildly differently from you (indicators don’t help me at all - not even SHI, it repainted all over the place- I’ve come to accept that everyone’s different in what they find useful), I know I could still learn a thing or two. I’m well up for a online (MSN?) trading session if you are - next week sometime? No reputations on the line here - it’s not about being right or wrong, it’s just trying to see what you’re seeing.

Have a good w/end

Well I don’t even know where to start this post.

Yesterday was a slow day at work. That being said I was able to read 21 of the 31 pages of this thread… on my Blackberry Pearl. I’m not sure whether I’m suffering from a migraine or just eye strain today, but it was worth it.

Unfortunately I overloaded my poor pea sized brain and now have gone back to the beginning and started to reread the thread and take notes this time.

Recently I have been fooling around with pivot points and I’ve always liked the Fibonacci lines, though never really understood them. Last week I did something daring and put the two on a chart together and went “whoa”. This resulted in a fib vs. pp question that I posted in regards to which line was “right”. MP was kind enough to respond.

You ever have one of the moments when something you didn’t understand becomes clear? You know, the “Oh. Now I get it!”.

So I came home from work last night, fired up my account and started drawing lines. Now I’ve got a demo account with Oanda (I’m not opening an account using real money until I stop losing the pretend money). Sadly Oanda does not have the LRC drawing ability. So I took a stab with just drawing a price channel and cutting it in half. Then I threw on the daily pivot points (gray line) and the Fibonacci lines. My jaw hit the desk.

The prices went up the price channel (until it was broken), previously breaking through the PP line and then retracing over it (hitting the PP line was a change in the trend) and then it rode the Fibonacci lines… almost like it was supposed to.

You know that feeling when you see something for the first time… yeah, I know I said that already…

Seeing that there have been a few Zen comments thrown around I think its my turn to add my contribution to the pile.

When the student is ready, the teacher appears.

Thanks. Really. I mean it. Thank you.

enjoy and trade well

mp

here in the little castle i call Elfinore, we put forth TWO postulates concerning the learning process and newbs.

the first has to do with one doesnt even know what they dont know when starting out.

and the second is that step by step, one will learn until that great moment in a traders life when the light bulb goes on over their heads which we here refer to as the AHAAA MOMENT !

while there may be many another name for that “flash”, getting flashed is why Im here in the first place.

now i shall keep the McGivers to myself, because a double McGiver flash has killed many a man with the certainty of a lightening strike to the temple, but the other and more mundane kind will come more and more often.

now you didnt realize the connection between forex and fishing, but youre well on the way to provide food for you and your family !

Enjoy them — kinda like flashbacks, if you understand !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Would you mind posting this system? I’m still having some trouble with some of my entries. Maybe it would fit in with your upcoming lesson on MACD.

It’s been a frustrating week.

Pukey

pukey

[B]understand that i have NO system as you would recognize it[/B] — I enter wherever and whenever i feel like it, as long as im going with the trend (usually the H4).

since different timeframes are moving in different directions at different times, i may easily play many of them, scalping the one and 5 minute, letting the 15 minute run as a short term swing, and trading the H1 and H4 as an “overnite” trade. (the H1 and H4 are “usually” best left to enter between midnite and 1:40 AM, EST, as the last candles at midnite will confirm the move ahead) Both the H1 and H4 can be entered earlier in the day, but now youve entered the land of drawdowns, and without sitting right next to you all day, its hard to show that a drawdown is simply a speed bump, and that youre chosen trade WILL be in profit by tomorrow !

[B]THIS problem, especially when one plays the longer timeframes off a bounce of the LRC, is what convinces people to get out when they suffer an H4 drawdown — they get out of the trade in fear that it wont make it to the correct tp point, and they live to regret that action ![/B]

When i enter an H4 trade, i pretty well know where it will be going, and im willing to allow those drawdowns [B]IF IM TOO LAZY TO WAIT TILL MIDNITE TO ENTER ![/B] But since i pretty much well know, i let the trade run its up and down, because the LRC and s+r is SHOWING me the road we are on, and i know that “grandmas” house is just up the road and around that bend !

[B]what im trying to do here is teach how to SEE the market[/B], and not how to find points that may be good entries — if i take a trade i already know its a correct trade and dont wait for “signals” or xovers or something — i just take the trade !

what i sincerely hope is youse peeps will learn to SEE trades and not become robots to “systems” just like most good traders. While a “system” can be very comforting (and there are many a good one that makes profits) I like to be my own person, freely moving up and down (and sometimes sideways, i admit !) with the flow of the market.

i find stop losses nearly useless and utterly useless if one simply follows the major trend AND obeys the laws of overtrading and maintains strict money management (FORGET risk/reward — THATS for accountants !)

[B]the “tools” i use allow one to see, but are only part of the equation [/B]— the other part is EXPERIENCE which combined with some indicators allows you to FEEL what the market will do, and before long, if you practice SEEING, you will get to be FEELING, but like most things good, it doesnt happen overnite, but it can and usually DOES happen !

when you reach that point, THEN you can say “Im a trader !”

mp

Guys I am back–after 120 hours that I have been mostly away from babypips

MP—Why dont you “really” have a “system” is it because you realize the futility of trying to master the forex by using a few systems??

1tex

hey tex — when they let you out of rehab ?

i dont “really” have a “system” cause WHAT would it be ? If Im short one timeframe, long another, drawing down on the H1, scalping every direction on the one minute and trying to make a decent “omelette bolangnaise” cause the McGivers are suddenly hungry, [B]WHICH SYSTEM WOULD YOU USE ???[/B]

LOL

“systems” are good for newbs cause they at least give a place to enter a trade for those who do not yet know how and where to enter a trade — with a few years under ones “buy” button, entering is the EASY part !

EXITING correctly is a slightly different story, what with the twists and turns that the markets exhibit, but when i came here “stop losses” were all the rage, and slowly i see people at least realizing that they now have to be so wide that theyre essentially useless, and while i really dont want people emulating my “no stop loss policy”, im also seeing winners coming out of what used to be losers and pips now running to the bank, where they used to hold a gun to the newbs head !

once you have the EXPERIENCE, a “system” is not how you will trade — you will SEE reverses and be able to ESTIMATE where they go and for how long, its just that EXPERIENCE is one of those blasted things you cant really buy at Walmart or online — you have to slog thru the woods, get cut by a few branches and then ----- way down there is the AHAAA lightbulb, and when you reach that point, that wee leprichaun guarding the pot of gold had better get better weapons if he wants to continue protecting it !

NOW, having said that, let me say THIS ---- people talk about having an EDGE, and i believe knives have edges, razors have edges and a flat earth policy has edges, but there is NO edge in forex trading.

You simply know how to trade or you dont know how to trade, and thats MY bottom line anyway. Having an edge is akin to those who liken trading to warfare ---- WHO YOU FIGHTING in this war ?

[B]Forex is nothing more or less than SEEING and UNDERSTANDING what you see and ACTING on that information ---- it simply takes time to get to that point, but get to that point most can do, IF THEY REALLY WANT TO ![/B]

mp

slowly i see people at least realizing that they now have to be so wide that theyre essentially useless,

I think it depends entirely on how you trade. For example, in the Daytrading forum, gojilover has been logging all of his trades since October, using a system he says he had been trading for another several months before that. His stoploss is 10 pips and his TP is 12.5 pips. He has had only one or two losing days in these four months. On an average day he makes 5-8% gain on his account (he risks 3.5% per trade).

For myself, I’ve been trading support and resistance since the beginning of the month. I’m still learning and only 9-4 so far as far as wins/losses, but none of those wins had more than 20 pips drawdown and most had less than 10 pips drawdown (two had 1-2 pips DD). Of the losses (hit my 40 pip SL), none reversed after hitting the SL as seems to be so often the lament of the newbie – any trade that hit the SL continued on in an obviously misjudged trade. Obviously this is a tiny sample size, but the proponents of this method have been trading it for years and say tiny drawdown is par for the course.

hey pukey

PLEASE explain more about the “redraws”

the chart ive added here is a 15 min of eurusd, and you can plainly see the price went ABOVE the channel and retraced, yet the channel held its original positions with NO redraws, so PLEASE let me understand better what youre seeing !

mp

Thanks MP. The road gets a little bumpy sometimes and I feel like pulling my hair out. I spend 4 to 8 hours per day staring at charts and reading your posts and I feel like I have regular epiphanies, but I also can feel the road ahead getting longer instead of shorter.

I sometimes wish I had a mentor, here in real life, pointing at things on my charts and smacking my knuckles with a ruler when I nearly maKE stupid trades. I guess as long you keep posting you will be a mentor of sorts (I’m sorry, but I’m not offering you a choice in this matter, lol). Anyway, your help is much appreciated.

I’m sorry, but I think maybe you confused posters? I’m not really confused about redraws. Orpips maybe?

no argument with what youre saying at all ---- well known is the fact that the larger your timeframe the greater will be your drawdowns and the larger your sl needs to be.

when scalping in one direction, any moves counter to the selected move would rarely hit that sl you speak of, although once you move to the 15 min, its more than a remote possiblity, and definite on the longer ones.

but since its a rare newb who is scalping, and the cries of being stopped out happen to those who are usually using the higher timeframes, to those are my words addressed.

i will not get into a percentage discussion, but goji is LOW !

enjoy and trade well

mp

[B][I]Within the great hall at Elfinore stands a wondrous coffer, precisely four cubits square and securely latched against the outside world. Inside that repository, shut away from impertinent eyes, abides many an intriquing trading secret garnered from around the world and over the ages !

As a child, i used to watch from the darkness as the secrets were debated and annotated by the elders. No one there held a single thought of my presence – BUT I KNOW WHERE THEY HID THE KEY !!
[/I][/B]

ah pukey

my main weakness has been revealed ---- im perpetually CONFUSED about everything — even to the point of having a “deer in the headlights” look on my face at all times !

I carry my candle from abode to abode, seeking truth and understanding, although most of the time i simply get arrested by the cops for setting off alarms !

such are the versisitudes of the seeker in this world !

what you say your name was ??

mp