Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

using the bols, 15 min chart and under while scalping, i will follow the bols numbers in whatever direction im in the trade and trend, and reset my tp point as it moves — those using an ECN with time and sales (ticker) will see the bids and asks changing as the bols change.

and of course, you wont see a darn thing with a broker, but thats ok — just check it on a demo or without trading and see

mp

I must have missed something…Where do you get the semaphores?

Freely I have received Freely I give to you.

3_Level_ZZ_Semafor.zip (9 KB)

In that situation, I use the big old fibs to guide me.

I start with a grid drawn from HH to LL on the monthly chart (on MT4 at the zoom level just before the candles revert back to bars), then do another set of fibs the same way on every TF down to the one I am trading.

eg:

It seems to be a pretty good guide for picking targets…especially when there is a threesome (Price meets Fib line meets LRC/SHI).

Everyone loves a 3some. :smiley:

WHEN pre news price movement is running up this fast, where do you think the price will go after news ?

i dont mean the first half hour btw !

mp

Thanks Sandpiper.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Just have to say thanks to all for the information in this thread.

I have made just over 400 pips live in the last week using just some of it.

cheers:D

Now all of this would’ve been nice to know before I got into my short(EU) positions before the big half an hour runnup. I’m in 2 quite the precarious positions and am waiting them out until we return to trend. Up to this point I haven’t even given the news a second thought as I’m just concentrating on the technicals.

My question is how do you all “keep your ear to the ground” concerning news releases. Obviously there is great short term profit potential around news releases and I want to figure out how to keep track of what is coming up.

Also as I learned this morning an impending news release can put you in some bad positions. It probably explains alot of the ranginess over the last couple of hours as people wait to see what happens.

Do you guys use, CNBC, websites, KGB, direct link to the treasury dept? I want to know!!!

When I start for the day I check for the upcoming news and just make a note of the time for any that I think will affect my trades.

eg trading the AUD today we had the intrest rate cut 1%
(that was about 230pm AEST I live downunder:))

I generally don’t trade untill about 30mins after big news just to let things settle.

Thanks Griffin,

If you read the above (couple of posts up) cut and paste from mp you could see how to anticipate what is coming and beat the banks at their own game. I’m sure he is furiously clicking in his cave on multiple pairs making a killing right now with no time to reply.

I want to know I guess where is a reliable source of info for these news releases.

I want to know I guess where is a reliable source of info for these news releases

forex factory has a really good news calender. the red icons being the most important.

for a fundamental snapshot check out;

https://gm.bankofny.com/Home.aspx

Thanks I missed that post. I’m at work so I only get limited time to read posts.

I use fxstreet website for news.

No doubt MP will pop in after it dies down;).

LOL – imagine your wealth if you used ALL of it !

mp

I want to discuss this day with the USD and housing news release, later on. It has been most instructive. I just don’t have the time now as I have to go to work. I think there is some real gems to be mined. I will ask my questions (which will make me look like a fool) and make my comments (which will only confirm) when I get back from my JOB.

Just got to get my head around the rest and then POW striaght to the moon LOL.

is the runup now (brief in scope) the raising before the potential shorting on thursday? Or would one wait till tomorrow night to start evaluating the action, and then the 30 minutes before the news came out to determine entry?

Well, I did absolutely horrible today. Made bad trades, listened to gnomes, etc. etc. After today, I am going back into demo for a bit before I loose all of my initial deposit.

Well, welcome to the club!

BUT! Because you have a brain, you didn’t lose 16 000$ of real cash, just like me…

So, be happy! Well, a least, less miserable.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/18957-first-margin-call-need-help.html

Yoda,

I am curious. Can you answer a question on that Charting Package?