Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

Candles? What are they? Do they repaint?

Not nearly as the EU Semaphores did a few minutes ago. I can see why I stopped using these in the first place :wink:

try using ONLY the smaller dots AS A TEST FIRST, on the lower timeframes, such as the 5, but be patient as today is not your “normal” day at all !

you will ALWAYS do much better WITH the trend than counter, as you will rarely get more than a 23% move (and could only be 15%) going counter, unless you hit a ranging situation.

but try it with the trend and see what happens !

btw – we see by going in tighter and only watching that point that were trading.

mp

The EU long that I had opened earlier today ended up closing at the 5pm push for 22 pips. Not setting the world on fire with that one as I was hoping for 100 pips. I already have a long open for what I hope is the EURUSD rise tomorrow because of the stimulus package so I did not want double exposure in case my fun(damental analysis) is wrong

Also, I did use the semaphore stuff and got 3 trades for 15 pips of double lots. The last trade stayed open for a long time and a decent amount of drawdown. I opened this based on the semaphore dots showing up as support right before the drop…See, one of my problems is that I find utility in something like this (The semaphore trick) and instead of adding it to my arsenal for confirmation, I use it to control the trade…Where is that aspirin again?

I think I am out not going to trade for tonight…Lets see what tomorrow holds.

Not sure what to do, I have an EU long opened that is a bunch of pips underwater (1.2900). The EU daily Shi is still in an up trend, but it was broken today. The position was not large, so I could hold on to it but I am not sure how long I want to. I noticed the 12 oclock reversal waited until Pres signed the Stimuli, so I was hopeful that the bears were being slapped down by the bulls, but I am not so sure now since Wallstreet did not respond as well to the bill as they were originally projected too.

In the past day or so the H4 turned bearish and the W1 is also bearish. The 1.2550 level seems to have a bunch of resistance, and we bounced last week. I am wondering if we are going to break through tonight or if our double bottom was earlier today. Closing the position would result in about 3-4 days worth of profits loss, holding on would obviously make it worse if the bears rule.

MP, any thoughts on whether I should get out now, or hold on for a while?

I am in same boat- I am long too. In fact I am thinking of going long again at 1.2560.

But there are rumors rife that i may drop to 1.2400 levels.

Best

When setting Tp do you guys set it right on the s+r level or just inside them?

Had an overnight trade miss my Tp by .1 of pip and came right back on me.

I think you answered your own question, the hard way. Now i’m no expert but I usually give it 2 or 3 pips and have been happy with that…On an overnight I would give it even more but thats just me.

Disclaimer: Be very very wary of any advice given by a newbie (me). :smiley:

sandpiper is very correct in what it says but you have to watch since EACH broker or ECN will reach a slightly different TOP figure ---- your job is to see WHERE they place their tp in relation to the charts you are using and work from that basis !

now, if you missed the tp by 0.1, then you should be using round numbers and always make sure youre BELOW the barrys by a small bit so that they have to go THRU your price to reach the top one.

in a short time, you will have the relationship between your charts and your “broker” figured out and will be able to hit the spot exactly, but if you leave a couple pips on the table after a 4000 pip run, so what ?

LOL

mp

TEX — took me a day longer than i would have liked, but hope its doing what you want !

you will get some more when things get cracking but its gonna be close, with 2803 looking good and 2830 a strong possible !

obviously you were correct originally, just what we call, in some quarters, a “premature” something or other !

mp

so im trading EU and enjoying it going up (and i aint the ONLY one by golly) and the BELL opening the NYSE rings and WOWSER — DOWN goes the EU just on cue !

hope not too many want to argue “times to trade”, at least on this thread !

LOL

enjoy and trade well

mp

Thanks for sharing this.:wink:

I had some setbacks today…Fell out of my rules and just blew up. Where is that aspirin again? I did make some money on the uptrend then on the down trend, but that was overshadowed by a short I had on the Cable last night and a few other stupid moves…

The mental dichotomy I experience trading forex is absolutely amazing. One day feeling like a mental midget , the next like superman…(no offense intended to our vertically challenged friends).

Sorry to hear it. I think self loathing is part of the game at times. I used to work for a guy who would say “Its not a mistake if you can learn from it”

Thanks Mr. M-and needless to say again, I appreciate your direction and insight. I closed opens at about 1.2725 (and I am all smiles ear to ear :))

Btw do you believe the pair will eventually park at 1.2300 levels a few days from now?

I am a short term trader, but dont mind one short opened here and let it sit and wait it out??

Tex

I am long now-1.2621.

my friend,

imagine trading forex AND dealing with the McG’s also ---- talk about “mental midget” and “superman”

LOL

just remember that greatest of all expressions ---- “time wounds all heels !”

whoooooops – a bit backwards, but given time your bi-polar reactions will diminish, if only because they are artificially induced, and experience will alter your playing field tremendously. (NO – im not sending them to you !)

its just part of the psychology of winning and losing and once your body and mind gets used to it, you simply become an alcoholic, hanging around in gutters and drinking thunderbird !

youll be just fine, and ive got a great grate over a subway that we can share in the winter !

love and kisses

mp

PS — DONT post in MY thread and expect any sympathy –

LMAO

i think she has a few upside surprises in store before 2300 on quick glance

proceed a tad slower methinks,

2578 shows on the H4 bottom rite now with 2680 presently resist, followed by 2708 as of this moment, but will change after the midnite candle == possibly to the upside.

those are H1 and H4 s+r figures as of this moment !

enjoy and trade well

WATCH FOR THE RETRACE until the overnites.

mp

Nothing but tough love around here.:slight_smile:

What is EST in GMT. I want to set an extra clock on my PC so I can follow the times you guys talk about.

I live in Australia so I am at GMT +10, my Charts are at GMT and you guys talk in US EST. I get confused at times.

Cheers