Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

AWWWW

play with the stuff i uploaded — they be fun and some are actually helpful

mp

Do you see the EU Divergence on the daily? Any ideas?

Had a nice little reminder of Michigan winters today… Went on a trip late last night to visit my son and see some old friends. About a 120 mile trip each way only took an hour and 45 minutes to get there.

It started snowing where I was at 9:30. I hit the road at 10:10, and didn’t get home until 4 this afternoon. It started snowing here at 7 a.m. The further I came south, the worse it got. Had to follow a county plow truck to make through.

Just giving you a heads up on your weather for the coming monday ish. The city plow trucks here still haven’t run.

Anyway, I’ll try you on an alternative source tomorrow.

Keep smiling and Good pippin,

Chubs

arrrrrrrrrrrghh

havent seen it tex — what you seeing ?

mp

YAAAAA!

People are generally better persuaded by the reasons which they have themselves discovered than by those which have come in to the mind of others.
Blaise Pascal

MP-

Please see the attached picture. May be a bit pre-mature? May be insignificant? But I do see it rising up by a small angle.

Tex

OH TEX — is THAT what you pulled me away from brunch with the McG’s for ?

golly gosh man — I thought perhaps you had found the holy grail or at least the fountain of youth !

alas and alack

mp

sorry for the disappointment and pulling you away from the McGees :slight_smile:

Dont you have that 12,26,9 MACD in the 2nd window?

that is a soooper doooper top secret computer created divergence indicator in which the computer draws the lines, dings a bell and yells at me as in “hey stupid, why the heck do you think im making all this noise for — come look here !”

there are also three other things going on on three other charts, but whose counting ?

now the McG’s simply keep repeating “its TEX – he must have found something neato !”

thankfully, trading is soon, and they will be gone and you can go on to log all your loggable stuff !

mp

Wizened Ones,

I noticed that the big bullish run at the end of the day on friday made up the gap that was created between the closing and opening of the markets last week. Is there anything to this? Does it happen often like that? Or is it just an anomaly phenomenon?

Got to love McG’s but hey bro that is your domain :wink:

so my troubled brain is left high and dry once again…I think your cute lil indicator also tells you that there is infact a Divergence? No? Or do I need to go now see that ophthalmologist at once???

Well no holy grail really but some old wine in the new bottle this weekend’s study result-me see leaping a few more steps and raise the tab from my daily diet of 20 odd pips to something a lil higher.

Tex

IMO the gaps are filled more often than not. They have to. But wizened one has the last word on it.

/bows to the master

I am only partway through your thread but before I got crazy bouncing back and forth between two platforms when Im barely getting used to one, is there any form or way of drawing an LRC on the FXCM marketscope charts rather than MT4?

If this was answered previously pardon me as Im not the most able of data miners.

I used to have FXCM Micro-could nt draw LRC on that.Now have their mini-cant draw on that either.

But I use a MT4 demo for charting purposes.

Tex

gaps tend to get filled in forex as in equities, BUT doesnt always happen the same way — equities tend to be rather quick and precise about the whole thing, while forex doesnt give it anywhere near the same amount of attention, which often leaves a gap sitting for a while.

the thing about forex is the 24 hour day thingie — since everyone has to get a chance to either go long or go short, the gap often gets ignored until a bounce from one of the LRC lines, and so is covered when the currency is heading back the other way.

i believe forex even chooses to ignore some gaps for the lifespan of the trader, returning when their children take over the buy/sell buttons from their father’s death grip !

mp

So I am seeing a few things here. Am I totally off?

The EU based on the H4 hitting the top of the downward Shi, I would think this means we are bound to go down shortly, but on the daily there is some divergence (MPs Macd/MA trick). The Daily DSS shows that the uptrend is at about 60, and while reversals are uncommon, they do happen.

I am thinking of going long to the R1, then considering the short…How about you guys?

when in doubt, ask an indicator !

mp

I am being told 1.3000 will be hit tomorrow/Tuesday :stuck_out_tongue:

I am also long at 1.2819

I did, and that was their answer to me…Keep in mind that my “forex” hearing tends to be distorted…Then again, maybe I am just asking the wrong indi’s.