Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

Forget the stink’n gold stars, I want to see some pips via a EU short when the pres comes on :slight_smile:

But Holy cow, even though the EST close to Asian open is always slow, today was super slow…Is this the calm before the storm?

BTW, I favor left brain…But I have been able to manipulate the dancing lady to go either way :wink:

You think the obama spike will take us to 1.2990? At which point we can lasso the stampeding bears.

stop manipulating the lady !

From what I have heard and experience during his last speech, It should go the other way, 1.2795…Then again, it may go down to S1 since that seems to be the direction anyway.

2878 on the 15 very possible
2913 resist on 240 and showing 2991 without the midnite candle
daily shows 3028 - 3077 at this moment

mp

Keep in mind I was just talking about the news portion, and not the overall movement.

A little longer term LRC On the 240, shows a top at 1.2896 but yeah the shi shows it at 3010. What do you think of a top at the R1, which on mine is 1.2927.

This is not really news-and anyways he is just blabbering does not know an iota about what he is saying!!
Wont have no effect

2904 presently, not 2905

high side of the over 3000 will take at least one more decent retrace i believe, although i already have a few lots at the 3200 + tp

2991 presently shows for the overnite

do i get a “ghost” credit on your thread ?

LOL

mp

Lol yes you get an extra credit-no one seems to like my thread, but I guess having eyeballs count go up was not on my mind when I wrote that :wink:

:rolleyes:make sense to anyone else??:rolleyes:

America thank me I did not drop out of high school lol

coming back to business, did anyone notice U/J? Gosh I had a lot long at 93.5 which I closed at 94.5. Just creeping up and up day by day :slight_smile:

I guess I’m still a babypips virgin but you can try: xxxx[@]xxx.xxx
thanks d-pip

[QUOTE=mp6140;91625]NOT WORKING – ill try later
“Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page”

…finally!
I was able to catch up on this thread…I bailed about 30 pages ago.
What was all that carrot dangling about mp being full of hot air? His ideas and methodology are well versed, his reversal times are accurate and he is quite sporty at prophesizing price movement. To each his own.
Just to let you know MP, I have been trhoroughly enjoying your ramblings and keep on musing.
It was also nice to read a few pages ago that I am not alone in NOT being a candle reader, HAs and priceline for me.

Dont you just hate when you are right over the night, make a good profit, then during the day you decide to eat away at those pips (MP I am not sure this question is for you :). Where is that aspirin, and why do I not see the trees.

[B]NO MP THIS IS NOT WHINING, THIS IS ME HITTING MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I AM LEARNING TOO SLOW.[/B]

Its a good thing MP taught us how to use the DSS. This allows me to keep my scalps going enough to keep my longer time frame trades above water. Allowing me to take back some of the profits I give up whilest trying to learn the longer time frames.

BTW, anyone else waiting for the bounce of the EU h1 lower LRC’s and Shi’s (1.2700)? Seems to be the DSS is close to the bottom as a nice added confirmtation. I think this looks like a good overnight trade, with confirmation after the US trading day is over…

[quote=husky_1;91751]Dont you just hate when you are right over the night, make a good profit, then during the day you decide to eat away at those pips (MP I am not sure this question is for you :). Where is that aspirin, and why do I not see the trees.
[B]
Because forests REALLY hate you ![/B]

[B]
mp
[/B]

Hey mp,

I haven’t read all of this thread but I’ve read much of it (I’ll get down to some more reading tonight). Very interesting to see you studied film, as I did too (almost went to NYU as a matter of fact, but decided to head west instead).

Anyway, that’s beside the point. I’ve been struggling with trading for a while (well, the 5 months I’ve actually been doing it). I’ve always had close stops, cause I feel my risk tolerance is pretty low. Stops ALWAYS kill me. I’ve read in numerous places that you don’t use them. I always figure “Well, this dude’s a pro, I could NEVER get by with that”. Well, I ended this morning with a slight profit, so I decided not to get greedy and instead to move over to my demo and try something CRAZY for a little while. I set a default TP of 10 pips, and basically traded with the trend for 6 or 7 different pairs. When I’d hit a TP on one, I’d open another trade to balance out the losers. I had no stops set at all. Some trades hit the TP within 5 minutes, others took over an hour. At most I had about 6 trades open at a time, and during some of the time my unrealized % loss was bigger than I would have liked, but it was never too horrible because the TP’s kept coming, balancing it out. At the end of about 2 hours, I had 12 TP’s hit (of 10 pips each) and two losers down about 40 pips each. I dropped a trailing stop on the losers and one hit, the other is still open now. But even if it hits, I’ve got a guaranteed profit of at least 40 pips for the two hours.

Is this insane? Or do people do this successfully? I was EXTREMELY hasty in placing these trades, I feel like with a little more thought and analysis, the results could be even better. I may demo this for a bit but I wanted to find out of others are doing anything similar. I was thinking also to put maybe a 100 pip stop loss on all the trades just in case something drastic happens.

LAVAMAN

i can get back to you a bit later, but it is a highly valid method of trading AS LONG AS YOU MOVE WITH THE TREND and especially if you know your short term target — theres a few things to it, but WITH KNOWLEDGE, there is absolutely no need of a sl

mp

INTERESTING, although not fully the cats meow for the shorter timeframes.

got the thought from another thread on this site so figured WHY NOT ?

even put it on a demo account (i may be stupid, but i aint no fool) to see what happens, and accumulating mucho info to pass on to my good buds and budettes !

love and kisses

mp

Looking forward to the info!

Welcome to the thread lavaman. You might have stumbled upon something with your trade with the trend no SL method. I’m just a newbie so take it for what its worth, but I bet if you absorb a little bit of what MP is saying about support and resistance, the lrc, and the DSS I bet you could with very little trouble fine tune your entries and consistently TP. I may soon resort to something similar. I have been trying for the last month or so to follow the simple mantra that MP laid out for me which is and i quote…" you don’t trade till you can look at a chart, on any timeframe, and place your TP and walkaway" Well I truly hope that in the future I can get to that point but as I work towards becoming a real trader a simple little <cough cough> system such as you suggest would be something to play around with. With just brief reflection I think i would spend my time identifying 2 or 3 pairs that are strongly trending and after checking to make sure their are no major news releases or any other hocus pocus I would double up on my lots. This would make for less risk and comparable returns with less hassle of managing trades over every currency pair.

Anyway keep us posted on your results.