Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

an interesting thing im finding on the STARC bands on the one minute chart is that they DO form a resistance area a lot of the time, even though TRUE resistance may be much higher.

when price hits the STARC, it will drop, forming a slight opportunity for a very small short, but then the price comes back up and goes to the original and TRUE resistance point.

once the price has retreated from hitting the starc, the starc then FOLLOWS the price back up and then joins the original tp point, but sure nice to see how it works.

if this proves out, it is an excellent technique for adding to a long position on the STARC retrace.

NOT if intitial accuracy and setting a good tp matters, but read my description of trading the one minute with it ā€” it works, but depends on HOW you wish to approach the subject.

since it moves so much, it would be very hard to show how it works except thru a series of shots showing its progress.

ONE of my yet untold secrets is exactly that, with altered values.

used alone, its amazingly accurate on all timeframes

mp

if you wish to use it, try a value of (20)

btw ā€” we DONT use ā€œforex speakā€ here ā€” thats left for the smart people who make less pips, but talk real good !

Is there a MT4 equivalent?

YES ā€” in luck yet again

but remember, nothing is perfect and thats where the mind comes into trading although its rarely more optimistic than what will happen

and here it is

Price Channel.zip (1014 Bytes)

Duhā€¦thats what happens when I only speed read the threadsā€¦I will throw the old starc on their and experiment. Thanks for bringing this to our attentions.

here is the other thingie that works so goodly ā€” set value at 20

Price Channel.zip (1014 Bytes)

what i am seeing is that the starc provides ONE resistance point that tends to be much lower than what will be the actual tp point.

you can take profit at the starc, but one of two things happen and i believe its based on what the trend is on the NEXT HIGHER timeframe to the one youre trading.

it will either be hit, and then if the next timeframe is down, there will be a DIP with the currency then coming back up to the correct FINAL tp point.

if the next timeframe is UP, the starc will be violated to the upside and you should use the NEXT timeframe to judge where to take profit, using of course the s+r and the other tricks

mp

more as i study it and rip its little secrets out of its soul !

Hey, how has the weather been so far this week?

shorts and tshirtā€¦thanks for asking. :smiley:

and on another noteā€¦iā€™ve been searching around my mt4 platform for 5 minutes or so and donā€™t see Mr. starc. Is he there or do I need to track him down on this here internet thingy?

looks like thats a internet search thingie

mp

HEY ā€“ post it for all of us when you find it ā€“ thnx

im using QT charts rite now, so havent looked for the MT4 version yet

interesting

the sarc was at 139.69 and GJ dropped when it was hit, but take a look at the AD and DSS and you will see two things happened

first, we hit the 11:30pm est reversal, so the starc was correct, BUT the BOLS is predicting 139.79 and DSS is moving upside, while AD remains pegged to the top.

so what ive been noticing is correct for those who like to swing (whooops), and can prove to be an interesting s+r indicator along with the others, but it DOESNT immediately point to what will be the high, unlike the bols and LRC.

interesting for scalping so far though as it tends to (when it finally stops moving around) agree with my short term LRCā€™s.

could be considered more stable on the H1 and up timeframes, but youll suffer MANY a drawdown along the way, which is the downside of working with longer timeframes until later in the day

mp

Its been a few weeks since Iā€™ve written anything. I was struggling. Proudly, Iā€™m using the word ā€œwasā€.

I had another a-ha moment. I canā€™t pinpoint it, but something clicked again. I think it was a slow motion click that took a few days to occur, but it did.

Iā€™ve said before that Iā€™m not the fastest learner. So for all those that are new to the thread and having difficulties, stick with it, watch the charts and see how they move. Once you see how the market moves, it becomes a beautiful thing.

I am up over 300 pips in the last two weeks. I know that weā€™re aiming for 300+ pips a day, but like I said, Iā€™m a slow learner (and I have never been up 300 pips before!). I am now working on fine tuning everything and moving on to trading on the larger time frames. Tonight Iā€™m even trying my first midnight trend trade. Weā€™ll see how that goes!

Thanks again for the education MP!

Well here it is. Now just trying to compile it into an mq4. Didnā€™t work with the only method Iā€™ve used. Soo Iā€™ll keep trying.

/*-----------------------------+
|			       |
| Shared by www.Aptrafx.com    |
|			       |
+------------------------------*/

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| STARCBands.mq4                                                   |
//| Copyright ļæ½ 2005, [email protected]                       |
//| http://www.fxfisherman.com/                                      |
#property copyright "Copyright ļæ½ 2005, [email protected]"
#property link "http://www.fxfisherman.com/"

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 3

//---- indicator parameters
extern int MA_Period=6;
extern int ATR_Period=15;
extern double KATR=2;
extern int Shift=1;
extern color UpperColor=Red;
extern color MiddleColor=White;
extern color LowerColor=Red;

//---- buffers
double MovingBuffer[];
double UpperBuffer[];
double LowerBuffer[];

//| Custom indicator initialization function |
int init()
{
  //---- indicators
  SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE,0,1,MiddleColor);
  SetIndexBuffer(0,MovingBuffer);
  SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_LINE,0,1,UpperColor);
  SetIndexBuffer(1,UpperBuffer);
  SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_LINE,0,1,LowerColor);
  SetIndexBuffer(2,LowerBuffer);
  //----
  SetIndexDrawBegin(0,MA_Period+Shift);
  SetIndexDrawBegin(1,ATR_Period+Shift);
  SetIndexDrawBegin(2,ATR_Period+Shift);
  //----
  return(0);
}

//| Bollinger Bands |
int start()
{
  int i,k,counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

//----
  if(Bars<=MA_Period) return(0);

//---- initial zero
  if(counted_bars<1)
  for(i=1;i<=MA_Period;i++)
  {
    MovingBuffer[Bars-i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
    UpperBuffer[Bars-i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
    LowerBuffer[Bars-i]=EMPTY_VALUE;
  }

//----
  int limit=Bars-counted_bars;
  if(counted_bars>0) limit++;
  for(i=0; i<limit; i++)
  {
    MovingBuffer[i] = iMA(NULL,0,MA_Period,Shift,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i);
    UpperBuffer[i] = MovingBuffer[i] + (KATR * iATR(NULL,0,ATR_Period,i+Shift));
    LowerBuffer[i] = MovingBuffer[i] - (KATR * iATR(NULL,0,ATR_Period,i+Shift));
  }

//----
  return(0);
}

//+----------scorpion@fxfisherman.com--------------------------------+

Good job skeebo. Your not at the back of the pack trust me. I might post a lot but that doesnā€™t mean iā€™m learning much if any faster than you. Keep up the good pippin.

Ok figured out how to compile the code for the MT4 platform. If this doesnā€™t work compile the above posted code in your own MT4 platform. Iā€™m using fxdd for charting purposes.

Hopefully it works for everyone.

starc bands.zip (863 Bytes)

Hey mp,

Maybe this is a ā€˜secretā€™ that you know about and could shed some light on (sorry: nothing to do with LRCā€™s):

WHAT is ā€˜specialā€™ about THURSDAYS??? Odd question??? READ ON!!!

Iā€™ve been at this long enough now to have noticed that MORE OFTEN THAN NOT: Sunday night through Wednesday night very little seems to ā€˜happenā€™ (letā€™s assume GMT here). BUT on a THURSDAY when the NYSE opens then things start ā€˜happeningā€™!!! SOMETIMES (depending on whatā€™s ā€˜happenedā€™ over a weekend) you will see HUGE movements on a Monday but itā€™s not the ā€˜normā€™. Iā€™m just wondering if there is anything ā€˜specialā€™ or ā€˜technicalā€™ that happens on a Thursday that may be a / the cause for this (perceived???) phenomenon. I can tell you that for AT LEAST the last couple of weeks I may as well only have been trading starting Thursday 08h30 NY time and closing out when the NYSE closes on Thursday afternoon NY time!!!

Regards,

Dale. (forexbrokersonline.net).

In typical aussie style, youve noticed one of the well documented statistics of the forex (and most others) markets.

for 30 thousand years, since the first homo australicus tried to get some sucker to buy shares in his dinasauer farm, THURSDAYS has been the day of MOST activity and silliness !

Many a theory has been esposed, but i would think it has to do with setting up for fridays close and wrap up of the week, seeking to find short term positions that can be closed the following day.

of less interest, because its a fairly recent phenomenon, thursdays are when McDonalds gets a NEW shipment of ready made, pre cooked and flash frozen hamburgers, which are then consumed in great quantity because the traders have spent almost their weekly allowences at the more ā€œbetterā€ restaurants in the wall street area ! These hamburgers, being ā€œreasonablyā€ fresh, are high in fat content, protein and cholesterol, resulting in some very ā€œhyperā€ traders who return to after lunch trading ā€” needless to say, where there lives ā€œjumpyā€ traders, there lives fast moving prices, and that all happens on fridays !

say hi to mr wilder (isnt he in a wheelchair by now ?)

LOL

mp

I sure as heck hope youre a good looking guy, cause I LOVES YA TO DEATH !

THANK YOU for understanding, cause it takes TIME for that bulb to go off over your head, but WHAT A DAY it is when it happens !

hugs, love and kisses

mp

sandpiper is beginning to scare me ā€” in 2 more weeks he will probably come up with an EA based on how i trade, including a built in schizophrenia quotient.

once he does that, i can retire back to the funny farm and improve my knitting skills allowing bingo to become my ā€œtradingā€ of choice.

seriously ā€” thnx for the work sandpiper

mp