Mp -- Some Of My Non-secret Secrets

Hello (I was wondering when you were going to get out of bed)!!!

MR Wilder is fine (and thanks for your concern)!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for the insight. I’m glad it’s not just ‘in my head’. I honestly thought that there was more of a ‘technical reason’ for this but I guess not. I mean: you could JUST ABOUT ‘set your clock by it’ it’s so predictable!!! It’s a real pain though!!! Because of this: I’m back to trading the S&P, Dow, and Nasdaq using Wilder’s RTS (pivots) i.e. it’s the only way that I can make SOMETHING daily (and of course your earning potential is limited unless you’re trading with KAJILLIONS). For ‘trend mode’ trades (forex???) I could just as well check for signals on a Sunday night and not bother to look at them again until Thursday when the NYSE opens!!!

Regards,

Dale. (forexbrokersonline.net).

P.S. AS I WAS TYPING this ‘my breast swelled with pride’!!! They’ve just done a little ‘analysis spot’ on Bloomberg using Wilder’s ADX and DMS!!! LOL!!!

Sorry Tex,
When reading it last night, I thought you were referring to Tymen’s method and not the starc tool. Looks like MP is using it for some scalping, but in Tymens method (intermediate level), it is used as entrance guidance.

my dear friend

IF you had the McG’s serving you breakfast in bed, YOU would not be so anxious to leave its warmth, comfort and sheer recreational powers.

i DO NOT have to wake early, since i set EXCELLENT overnite trades which just come home to roost before the NYSE opens at 9:30 am, est — [B]why bother ?[/B]
[B]
serious side for a moment[/B] — i get pilloried and tarred and feathered for my “down home, awww shucks” attitude towards the market, especially by those who walk and talk FOREX SPEAK, and once you look at what i say, you realize that those super smart peeps are talking through their nasal passages, which are covered by their headwear - - - - -

forex trends wonderfully — while appearing stupid its actually “going” someplace, and the whole thing is to UNDERSTAND what and why !

the LEFT BRAINED traders of note may not agree with “down home” but they also notice how invariably correct i am with my predictions (ok, i might miss one because of news, but when the dust clears, the trade is GOOD) but there are a few, on this site, who cant stand the attacks on their precious language and concepts, and THOSE are the ones who would have me banned !

Tyman is one of the “IN” crowd, and as left brained and pedantic (meaning rigid “teacher”, not an insult as thats what he is or was) so he despises my attitudes.There are a few others that i have NO truck with, as i agree with ANY good systems out there, but please leave me alone if i laugh at the amount of “JARGON” that is used to explain over the fact that its THURSDAY, and this is how thursdays trade.

the financial TV stations are constantly trying to raise their ratings, as are most posters after all, and they will say almost anything to fill their alloted time periods — we have a few like that on this site, and who knows that i may also be one of them, but I LAUGH at myself constantly, while them there others take themselves SO SO SERIOUSLY.

ok, havent spoken in a while so i went on, especially after the commando raid on a dead thread by the esteemed “teacher” just recently, but life is wonderful, pips accumulate like rock groupies and I’m beginning to look like an ATM machine (especially to my daughters who REFUSE to learn the business, but LOVES the money !) AH YOUTH !

ANYWAY, if you should like to learn how to really make some money, i can give you private instruction and NEVER let anyone know I’m teaching you — once a multimillionaire aussie, you can then build a temple to mr wilder, assist him in his old age and perhaps write his biography !

LOVES YOU AUSSIES, but for one

mp

i will watch what mr. tyman teaches, but in my short time with STARC (still sounds like a CIA operation) they “appear” to produce far fewer pips per transaction because they were originally designed to “cover the “meat” of the trade” which means neither close to the bottom or close to the top, and while theres NOTHING WRONG with profit over say 75% of the available trade, i really enjoy the other 25% also !

completely viable on longer term trades, i find it fascinating for scalping IN SPITE of its redraws — in fact, its redraws are its most interesting facet, although i could see it being confusing unless you contain it within an LRC, so you can see EXACTLY what is happening.

bollinger is more popular, and one sells when the price EXCEEDS the bands, because a reversal is going to happen very soon, and thats pretty much how they work — STARC works pretty much the same but with much NARROWER bands BUT BECAUSE OF THEIR MUCH MORE SERIOUS REDRAWS THAN THE BOLS, its harder to set a final TP on a long range chart ---- bols and LRC are MUCH more static than STARC.

this is what ive seen so far — its NOT the last word or ultimate description, because ive only played with them for a day now, but i tend to be pretty good with indicators and “grasp” their value pretty well.

STARC bears watching, but is only ONE way to skin that cat — a few other really good methods exist also !

If using them, use on the higher timeframes where they are more stable unless your mind is like mine (which i pray it is NOT !) and then you can figure out a whole new method of scalping, which is really HOT ! (close to 200 pips yesterday using the bands MY way !)

ONE WARNING — if entering the H1 or H4 earlier on in the day, understand there will be drawdowns because the longer timeframes dont usually start doing anything before the 5PM, est CLOSE. Invariably an H4 trade, taken in the correct direction, WILL RETRACE during the day because of its normal retracements, but if you choose to enter with the trend, understand that the trend will keep moving after the NY market ends and most definitely after midnite, should it fiddle around for a while.

THAT is a basic rule of a 24 hour market

mp

Happily, for the record, my first overnight trade was a success. I was little hesitant, but I trusted what the market was telling me.

It wasn’t huge, and we were already within a close range of the 1.2690 support level so I wasn’t expecting anything huge. So I set my TP at 1.2700 and entered my short trade and went to bed.

I’ll take that 29 pips with my morning coffee and that smile on my face. :smiley:

PS. My wife assures you that I’m one handsome guy!

NOTHING makes me feel so good !

CONGRATS !!!

[B]SEE — moderate as the gains may have been, YOU WERE SEEING AND THINKING and thats worth a fortune any day ![/B] They will grow as you grow !

thank your wife — if SHE says so, all is good !

mp

[I][B]I loves it when everyones plan comes together ![/B][/I]

ps – presently still playing GJ which is on fire !

I do not see a whole lot of utility in the starc in the MP style that I am learning and executing (notice i have not used the word system). I think the bols are much better as well. I have thrown the price channel on the my chart to take a look :slight_smile:

Back to the LRC’s, I know someone on here was questioning the use of LRC. For me, unless I have some major reason I tend to prefer an autodrawn LRC. Since the last time i have posted this I have updated the short term AutoLRC tool I use. I changed the level from 2.10 to 2.38 and like the length of 34 candles for the short term LRC. For long term LRC’s I like 80 candles. MP any comment on your preferred timing?

Since its been a while since I posted it here, this is my modified AutoLRC tool. The main difference from the original is the lack of intermediate bands.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                            Linear Regression.mq4 |
//|                Copyright � 2006, tageiger, aka [email protected] |
//|                                        http://www.metaquotes.net
//Updated by Husky for my needs                                      |
#property copyright "Copyright � 2006, tageiger, aka [email protected]"
#property link      "http://www.metaquotes.net"
#property indicator_chart_window

extern int period=0;
/*default 0 means the channel will use the open time from "x" bars back on which ever time period 
the indicator is attached to.  one can change to 1,5,15,30,60...etc to "lock" the start time to a specific 
period, and then view the "locked" channels on a different time period...*/
extern int line.width=1;
extern int LR.length=34; //default
extern color  LR.c=Orange;
extern double std.channel.1=2.38;        // 1st channel
extern color  c.1=Orange;
extern double std.channel.2=2.38;        // 2nd channel
extern color  c.2=Orange;
extern double std.channel.3=2.38;        // 3nd channel
extern color  c.3=Orange;

int init(){return(0);}

int deinit(){ ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" TL"); 
   ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.1+"d"); ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.1+"d");
   //ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.2+"d"); ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.2+"d");
   //ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.3+"d"); ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.3+"d");
return(0);}

int start(){//refresh chart
ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" TL");
ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.1+"d"); ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.1+"d");
//ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.2+"d"); ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.2+"d");
//ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.3+"d"); ObjectDelete(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.3+"d");
//linear regression calculation
int start.bar=LR.length, end.bar=0;
   int n=start.bar-end.bar+1;
//---- calculate price values
   double value=iClose(Symbol(),period,end.bar);
   double a,b,c;
   double sumy=value;
   double sumx=0.0;
   double sumxy=0.0;
   double sumx2=0.0;
   for(int i=1; i<n; i++)
     {
      value=iClose(Symbol(),period,end.bar+i);
      sumy+=value;
      sumxy+=value*i;
      sumx+=i;
      sumx2+=i*i;
     }
   c=sumx2*n-sumx*sumx;
   if(c==0.0) return;
   b=(sumxy*n-sumx*sumy)/c;
   a=(sumy-sumx*b)/n;
   double LR.price.2=a;
   double LR.price.1=a+b*n;

//---- maximal deviation calculation (not used)
   double max.dev=0;
   double deviation=0;
   double dvalue=a;
   for(i=0; i<n; i++)
     {
      value=iClose(Symbol(),period,end.bar+i);
      dvalue+=b;
      deviation=MathAbs(value-dvalue);
      if(max.dev<=deviation) max.dev=deviation;
     }
//Linear regression trendline
   ObjectCreate(period+"m "+LR.length+" TL",OBJ_TREND,0,iTime(Symbol(),period,start.bar),LR.price.1,Time[end.bar],LR.price.2);
   ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" TL",OBJPROP_COLOR,LR.c);
   ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" TL",OBJPROP_WIDTH,line.width);
   ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" TL",OBJPROP_RAY,false);     
//...standard deviation...
   double x=0,x.sum=0,x.avg=0,x.sum.squared=0,std.dev=0;
   for(i=0; i<start.bar; i++)    {
      x=MathAbs(iClose(Symbol(),period,i)-ObjectGetValueByShift(period+"m "+LR.length+" TL",i));
      x.sum+=x;
      if(i>0)  {
         x.avg=(x.avg+x)/i;
         x.sum.squared+=(x-x.avg)*(x-x.avg);
         std.dev=MathSqrt(x.sum.squared/(start.bar-1));  }  }
   //Print("LR.price.1 ",LR.price.1,"  LR.Price.2 ",LR.price.2," std.dev ",std.dev);
//...standard deviation channels...
  ObjectCreate(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.1+"d",OBJ_TREND,0,iTime(Symbol(),period,start.bar),LR.price.1+std.dev*std.channel.1,
                                        Time[end.bar],LR.price.2+std.dev*std.channel.1);
   ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.1+"d",OBJPROP_COLOR,c.1);
   ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.1+"d",OBJPROP_WIDTH,line.width);
   ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.1+"d",OBJPROP_RAY,false);

ObjectCreate(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.1+"d",OBJ_TREND,0,iTime(Symbol(),period,start.bar),LR.price.1-std.dev*std.channel.1,
                                             Time[end.bar],LR.price.2-std.dev*std.channel.1);
   ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.1+"d",OBJPROP_COLOR,c.1);
   ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.1+"d",OBJPROP_WIDTH,line.width);
   ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.1+"d",OBJPROP_RAY,false);

// ObjectCreate(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.2+"d",OBJ_TREND,0,iTime(Symbol(),period,start.bar),LR.price.1+std.dev*std.channel.2,
   //                                          Time[end.bar],LR.price.2+std.dev*std.channel.2);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.2+"d",OBJPROP_COLOR,c.2);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.2+"d",OBJPROP_WIDTH,line.width);
 //  ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.2+"d",OBJPROP_RAY,false);

//ObjectCreate(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.2+"d",OBJ_TREND,0,iTime(Symbol(),period,start.bar),LR.price.1-std.dev*std.channel.2,
    //                                         Time[end.bar],LR.price.2-std.dev*std.channel.2);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.2+"d",OBJPROP_COLOR,c.2);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.2+"d",OBJPROP_WIDTH,line.width);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.2+"d",OBJPROP_RAY,false);

//   ObjectCreate(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.3+"d",OBJ_TREND,0,iTime(Symbol(),period,start.bar),LR.price.1+std.dev*std.channel.3,
//                                             Time[end.bar],LR.price.2+std.dev*std.channel.3);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.3+"d",OBJPROP_COLOR,c.3);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.3+"d",OBJPROP_WIDTH,line.width);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" +"+std.channel.3+"d",OBJPROP_RAY,false);

//  ObjectCreate(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.3+"d",OBJ_TREND,0,iTime(Symbol(),period,start.bar),LR.price.1-std.dev*std.channel.3,
  //                                           Time[end.bar],LR.price.2-std.dev*std.channel.3);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.3+"d",OBJPROP_COLOR,c.3);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.3+"d",OBJPROP_WIDTH,line.width);
  // ObjectSet(period+"m "+LR.length+" -"+std.channel.3+"d",OBJPROP_RAY,false);

return(0);}

Well:

I have NO idea WHAT you were telling me all that ‘stuff’ for!!! But thanks anyway (I think)!!!

That said: if I had the McG’s serving ME breakfast in bed I’d ALSO not be too worried about what happens between Sunday night and Thursday morning!!!

YOU know how I feel (about forex pairs)!!! They ‘obey’ ‘the rules’ because the INDICES ‘obey’ ‘the rules’!!! (TIC!!!) (‘Tongue in cheek’!!!) I’ll ‘betcha’: you could put your LRC’s on the Dow and buy or sell GBP/JPY when you got signals on the Dow and you’d do JUST fine!!! LOL!!!

Anyway: I DIGRESS from your thread. Sorry.

Regards,

Dale. (forexbrokersonline.net).

WELL OF COURSE and ALL of them move around at SPECIFIC times of the day ---- WELCOME to reality TV !

all that “stuff” was prob directed to another person – i just used you as a springboard, similar to desireing wassabe and using tuna as a vehicle for getting it into my stomach !

and while wilder probably never stated what you have, wherever your tongue may be, I watch the DOW for information as to where things are going, although the “dollar index” is one heck of a guide for research, and performs just like the rest of our “friends !”

its why i repeatedly state that “trading aint brain surgery !”, but it looks like that to a newb, faced with up and down and sideways charts !

kinda simple for those who have LEARNED dont ya think ?

good to talk to you — have you yet found out who the MOST HATED MAN IN PERTH might be ???

LOL

mp

THANK YOU MAJOR BUNCHES HUSKY !

the truth of the matter is i use auto LRC’s on my Quotetracker charts and so enjoy simply watching them, but then i also scalp like a mad thing, which the majority of newbs DO NOT do often — for the longer timeframes, the SHI channel works wonderfully, but as i stated, is far from perfect for the shorter ones. If yours works, WONDERFUL for everyone !

now i dont know if MY values will help you — i use THREE LRC’s on each timeframe chart and the values change, naturally, depending on timeframes.

i use a “regression channel” at a setting of # of ticks – 4, % change – 1 and width at 2 (i often go to 2.7 on the others.

“single regression channel” at a setting of 14 periods, 2 width

"single regression channel at a setting of 7 periods and 2 width

the above are for my 15 min charts and work exceptionally well.

my DAILY charts and 20 day/240 charts are - - - -

the same as the “regression channel” above

“single regression channel” at a value of 14, 2
"single regression channel" at a value of 240, 2
"single regression channel" at a value of 1440, 2

additonally i use a value of 20 on all charts for the “price channel” and a value of 50 on the daily charts.

further, bollingers at 20 and 50 — 20 will be the first hit and 50 will be the ultimate, especially where agrees with LRC and STARC at 10

lot of info there — go forth and create something neat for the faithful

mp

if anyone is watching GJ, notice that it is moving from the top to the bottom of its 15 minute LRC — it is moving sideways with a slight uptrend which should mean when it hits the bottom 15 min LRC, it will bounce UP and continue being a long.

also note that it reversed from long to otherwise at NOON, est !

appears to hit the lower LRC on the 15 at 141.16 with a possible 141.08

SIZE may matter to a certain 10% of the population, but TIME is more impt to us right now !

ps — normally, the new upside should begin around 1:30 est

lets see !

mp

Hey MP,
I was looking at the GJ early today, seems like this is a pair I would like to get involved with. I think I will hold off for a little while until I am more confident in my trading, but it was nice and trendy with what seems like lots of pips to be had…

At first her spreads were worrisome, but they seem to dissolve into the pure joy of profit in no time. The moves were fast, and since I saw some resistance around the witching hour I put a trailing stop on and seen most of the pips disappear to a measly few or so, but hey it tradeable and seems to be profitable for the experience folks (big wins can be big losses for the untrained). I do see some “R” on the daily in the form of shi’s and LRC, but it looks like it already broke out of the long term down trend it was in previously so I would suspect that these are merely road bumps for now.

GJ is matched only by GU in its ability to spin you around like a brahma bull — massive dips and runs are only one of its problems — it just loves to dash in 4 directions, all at the same time.

nasty little bugger, but pays like a john with a new find and can make you rich or broke, within just a few minutes of each way.

but its fun, and thats why im here — SERIOUS is for those other peeps !

mp

Yeah I got stuck this morning in it and it decided to start reversing a little too early, expected to see 139.00 but it never hit.

Price went down to 138.00, so I said ok we should be safe now, lets double up :), well doubled up and dropped like a rocket, I had to close it because of some other longs on the EU I had open, waiting for the 18 minute market move back up. Got back in and have secured some nice pips (to cover my initial losses), I have another one hoping to make it up to the H1 bols…and will secure a minimum of 30 pip at this point.

The EU looks to be regaining ground which is good because I was far underwater, too much news friday whip lash…we broke the H1 resistance so we should be headed up to at least 1.2744, but I am hoping for 2800 which is around todays R1, the H4 upper bol(20) and Yesterdays High.

2700 just got broke, and is retesting above right now…:slight_smile:

Well I was just woken by my little human alarm clock (4mth old son) to a wonderfull morning here in the land of Oz ( thats Australia not the place with witches, talking lions and scarecrows). Had a trade of the news last night that came off for 50pips.

The Aud/Usd was heading down leading into the news then stalled about 1hr 45 out from the news then pushed down again about 45min out untill about 5mins before the news release. So I put in a buy at 0.6350 tp 0.6400 sl 0.6300.

Now is this the way that you guys would have traded this.

Hi!
I thought I should move my follow-up back to your area, I enjoy reading dpatero�s thread, I know who wilder is but don�t know much about his �stuff�. Other than the up & down lines on the ADX are way too small to see from across the room!

I wonder it dpatero will understand what I mean about using the wilder stuff that he seems to love so much but with a different scale or setting…? Things like instead of being so the focused on the daily close, apply the same concepts to the 1 hour close. For example, a 1 hour forex bar = a one day stock bar. a one day forex bar = a one week stock bar. Like you said �forex provides a “total” environment that takes days for the index’s to accomplish� way not try to play it that way. Any of this make any sense?

�But one of the things I struggle with Forex�s the �personality� of a 24hr market. It seems to suffer with multiple personality disorder. And many idiosyncrasies.

Struggling but starting to get a sense of it. some of my newbe�s observations, payday is Thursday LOL, the market seems to enjoy kicking back and taking naps when the Fed chairman is speaking in front of Congress, this morning looked like most of Europe worked an hour or two and started the weekend early. And with a thin market the New Yorkers were able to play “ATM machine ping pong” � the shorts stepping aside for the longs, then the longs returning the favor.

�just remember, in stocks you get a run up in the morning, a dip at noon and then the next run up at 2 - 2:30 pm (est) to the close, assuming UP is the direction�

Back in 2005 I spent about six months 3 �4 days a week staring at the screen and trading SP400 mid caps and index ETFs. and I started to get a feel for the flow of the day. wait til 10:10 for the rebound of the reaction-bounce off a gap open…make money guessing on the back from lunch move. I even had a beautiful day in the city system, If I woke up to one of those really great June days (I live 120m east of the city, Waterford CT) I would pull the margin out and load up. You know, I still think it is a better system than most I�ve read about LOL! I�m also getting the feel of the flow of forex. But, I think it�s a bit like my ex wife, every time I thought I was finally starting to understand her, it seemed she would change!!!

Last night I had my first successful �set it and forget it� overnight trade. Only 31 pips and would have earn more if I hadn�t screwed up and closed a limit for the wrong order! Oh well… I had studied my LRC, the price range (euro) and realized if it didn�t hit my t/p last night, and the world didn’t turn into a nuke glass ball, it would hit later today or Monday.

I agree with your no S/L style when suitable, not for the newbe, fate of heart, or heavily leveraged. I�ve been stopped out of too many good stock trades only to see the price bounce back. I remember in earlier post some of your beloved admirers relentlessly trying to ream you a new a-hole over the S/L issue! LOL!

�a simpler method might be to just limit yourself to ONE session in forex and let the rest lay until you have more experience.�

Pretty much finding London open 3:00 to 6:00ish and after the NYSE open 9:30 10: to noon to be the best time for me. I try to figure out were the big guys are going and hang on to their backs. And we have to talk more about what the hell happens at 5 min before the hour and on the hour?

Anyway, it�s great fun and I do see that there�s money to be made, I�m almost ready to walk out on a limp and say, it might be simple! (for all you flamers out there, I didn�t say it was easy, I said simple, there�s a big difference LOL!)
Thanks!

Wow MP, I though I was long winded… lol

Hope you had a good trade week. How’s the weather?
I am going on Vacation in a few days and will be ending it with a trip to the NYC. Maybe we can have lunch one day, my treat, ofcourse. Would be honorred by such a meeting.

Talk more on messenger this Sunday.

until then, have a great weekend.

Chubs

SLEEPING

Have a good weekend everyone!

First off I would like to thank everyone who contributes to this thread. Because of everyone’s input, contributions and questions I have just had my most successful trading week ever! 234 pips between last Friday and today. Here’s the real kicker. I worked every day this week and only traded between 15 minutes and 2 hours a day! Also, that was in front of TV, chatting with my wife, surfing the net and posting here!!! I now know how Pukey felt a few weeks ago. Hey if Paris can do this, anyone can!

Like I perpetually say, I’m probably the slowest learner in this class. This should give hope to everyone else who is trying to wrap their heads around this thingy called Forex. My “enlightenments” have come on slowly. I was reading back through the thread, as I often do, looking back at my first questions regarding trying understand Barry’s S&R (which was only a couple weeks ago), and I can smile.

This week I had a Zen master sitting on my shoulder hammering away on his little gong. My enlightenments this week:

• I learned to scalp on the one minute chart this week. I am like a freaking ninja! Grabbing between 2-7 pips a few times an hour (and I’m sure there’s more there!)

• I finally saw the correlation between different timeframes

• I now get really excited when I see the shi and LRC both pointing in the same direction

• I don’t freak out when the LRC points up and the shi points down (so that’s the difference between a micro and macro trend!)

• I no longer freak out and close a trade for a loss when I sell and the market then goes up. A quick check with the H1 and I see the overall trend is going down. So I wait for the price to spike up high, grab another sell, and then ride the two of them down to my TPs.

• I finally saw the 45 minute, DOW open, noon reversals and all the other time related trend stoppers, starters and reversals on the charts (hey you’re right they do pop out clearly on the M1 charts!)

So now I have all weekend to digest everything that happened this week. My head is still spinning from everything, I wish I could be trading right now, or even just watching the market move. I did that when I wasn’t trading. I used the place arrow function to show where I would have hypothetically entered the market and then placed another one at my TP to see if I had read the market right. Guess what? Only one wrong! Husky I will vouch that it was a wonky market in the late morning!

I’m almost done here lol!

So I was reading the thread on whether or not demo accounts held merit. I have a hard time understanding why people think that demo accounts are a waste of time. I realize that real trading is far different than demo trading, because it is real money. I look back over everything I have learned over just this last week. I now know I don’t have to lose money to learn from my mistakes.

One thing I love about this thread is that MP has always called it like it is. I agree. We live in a society that coddles stupid people so we don’t hurt their feelings. If you are easily offended please don’t read any further…

WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I’M GOING TO BLOW MY FIRST FOREX ACCOUNT??? JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE STUPID AND RECKLESS??? YOU NOW FEEL THAT YOU HAVE TO TELL PEOPLE THAT THEY ARE DOOMED WITH THEIR FIRST ACCOUNT BECAUSE YOU WERE??? IS THAT ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT YOU SAY TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER???

(Steps down from soap box. Takes a deep breath…)

I didn’t crash my first three cars learning to drive. I didn’t set the kitchen on fire when learning to cook. I didn’t have my first few pets die as I learned to care for them. I am not going to blow my first forex account.

One final thing I learned this week. Money management. In gathering my 234 pips, my largest drawdown this week was -$34. I cut that one early and took an $18 loss. Had I waited 7 more minutes, it would have hit my TP and given me 5 pips.

It is way past my bed time. I’m tired and probably ranting now. If I have offended anyone… hmm… where is that smiley face that is giving the finger? :smiley:

skeebo,

there is NOTHING in this world (well, maybe the McG’s) who make me feel as good as hearing what you say ---- Ive always said it takes time, but then one day you get that “ahaaa” moment and it begins to all come together.

TWO times this week the light bulb has gone off for someone, and while its not the same thing as when the angel got his wings in “a wonderful life”, its good enough for THIS jimmy stewart clone !

but the RANT — to whom is that directed as the words make sense, but the direction is not fully realized !

anyway, we start another week, and i wonder if there shall be any more “ahaa” moments to follow !

enjoy my friends, and trade well

mp