MQL5 Tutorials: Learn to Automate your trading Strategies.. All parts will be posted here

How many hours have we all spend on finding great forex strategies on YT, be it pivot point, RSI, MACD, ADX, Bollingerband, Price Action, Price Patterns, Moving Averages, New indicators on Tradingview, fundamental analysis, technical analysis, scalping etc.

Why not learn to automate in MQL5, so at least you can BACKTEST!!!

Have started a series in which we will take on the Challenge of learning to automate Trading strategies using MQL (MQL5) programming tutorials in Metatrader platform, at least enough to be able to code and test them to see if they are profitable.

The idea of the series is to start at the very basic fundamental level and gradually we will learn step by step to advance MQL.

How long it will take to learn enough to be able to automate any general strategy you find using indicators? A month, max…

How long to learn to be able to code strategies based on price structures? 3 months Tops…

That is the aim of the series as well…

PART 3: MQL Beginner Lessons Part 3: Key Price and Candle Information you need (MQL5)

Part 3 covers how to get price and candle information from Metatrader chart using MQL language. We explore the most commonly used commands to retrieve Ask and Bid information, Opening/Closing/Low/High price of the previous candles and most used Time functions in MQL5.

1 Like

Part 4: Getting values from ANY indicator in MQL

Part 4.1 covers how to get values from any indicator using the Handle method in MQL5 to be able to get the information needed to set up entry and exit rules

Part 4.2: Getting Indicator Values using the in-built Trend.mqh class in MQL (we use example for Ichimoku cloud and Bollinger bands)…

I feel myself in your text.

I started learning Forex from scratch, a few months ago.
I almost had to give up on that theory. Regarding the practice, I dared to make only one order on a demo account, and this culminated with maximum emotion and a lot of uncertainty.

While I was learning Forex, I saw that there were robots, the idea of automation attracted me, but I didn’t know how these robots are created for Forex.

That is until today, when I saw your topic and dared to see your first lesson “MQL Beginner Lessons Part 1: Discover MT5/MQL5 and Set up”, from which I found that robots are written in the MQL language (I directly prefer MQL5) and that MQL5 is very similar to C++, which is great for me. :grinning: (I am a programmer, I have certifications in C++)

You brightened my day :sunny: and gave me an impulse to continue learning in this new field / direction with MQL5 :man_student:, this time something related to practice, not just theory about Forex.

Thank you very much, @Zulutrading ! :+1:

I have done all from Part 3.

BabyPips should hire you for Practice Lessons. :sweat_smile:

Keep up the good work !

A little challenge part, but it’s okay.

At me, the indicators doesn’t show in the chart (I don’t know why), it’s showing just the comment.

In Strategy Tester, the indicators and comment are showing.