MT4 on MAC...problems!

Hi guys, i need your help. I’ve downloaded MT4 for MAC from tickmill. The installation automatically opens the istance with winedisk (don’t know…i just install it).

Anyway is very slow when i switch to charts, timeframes, etc…Is like if i’m connected on a VPS with slow internet connection.

Moreover, any time the monitor sleeps, when i get back and i turnoff the monitor, MT4 is freezed! I mean: the program is working normally (but slowly) but the prices are stationary for some minutes, then all refresh well.

Can someone help me please???

Hi there,

I have installed MT4 and MT5 on my Macbook by following these instructions:

The only different thing I did is to install Wine 1.2.6 and MT4/5 installed no problem.

My 5 year old Macbook was running it no problem.

Although after playing around with MT4, I didn’t like it so I am now using TradingView instead for charting.

Hope this helps

Thank you fernan for the answer, but i already tried such solution with no improvement. I still have a slow switching platform, with frozen prices while monitor turns off/on…

Did you notify the technical team of tickmill, I think they could be able to help you? Usually it’s kind of normal for the MT4 to be a bit slower with MAC as it’s developed for windows but it should not be freezing. Perhaps you could check the firewall if it is switched off as sometimes it could block the server port and cause issues with the platform. If you use EAs or too many indicators, this could too slow down the software.

Thank you Sebastiano, i’ll try with Tickmill helpdesk to see what could be…

Ciao!

I have tried a few options and hated all of them. Until recently.

I have a macbook pro 13 inch from 2011. It was a hi spec machine in 2011, core i7 chipset and 4 gig RAM. I also have a Mac cinema screen monitor, so did not want to resort to buying a windas machine and new screens to run MT4. So I upgraded my macbook pro. I bought and installed an SSD instead of a hard drive. This made an AMAZING difference to the machine. I bought and installed 16gig of memory. This old MBP is now on steroids. It boots in about 15 seconds. I then installed VirtualBox and installed Windows 10 as a virtual machine. I allocated half the RAM and half the CPUs to VirtualBox. So I run MAc and Windows at the same time in the same machine. MT4 is installed and running natively in the Windows side. It is in my opinion the best way to trade on Mac, ie run windows and MT4 in a virtual machine. I still do all my day to day computing in Mac, and trade in windows.

I wonder, will ever MetaQuotes develop an IOS based version of Metatrader, so all the struggle with running the platform on MAC can finally come to an end…