MT4 placing object on the chart

I had to reinstall my MT4 due tu some issues and now few things are different, and it’s kind of annoying. So before the reinstall, when I would select the horizontal line tool and click on the chart, it would automatically prompt me with the line’s properties, where I could write down the price where I wan’t the line. Now what happens - he just places the line at the price that I clicked. To get to those properties I have to double-click the line, the right click, then select horizontal-line properties.

and when I have to deal with many lines i’ts really annoying.

Ofc, it’s the same with all the other object

so… What’s Your question ?

Well how do I make it work like before? When I select an object and click on the chart, I want it to prompt me with the properties right away, before placing the object on the chart

Mate, i personally have not experienced this event where it prompts me after line creation
but I’m an I.T. Expert
i had a bit of a fiddle with it (the Chart… of course, what were you thinking ??? hehe)

anyway,

• SELECT TOOLS
  • SELECT GLOBAL OPTIONS
    -SELECT THE OBJECTS TAB

Have a play with the settings

i would suggest ticking SHOW PROPERTIES AFTER CREATION

that should fix your issue
let me know if it works

i checked it on my end and i was able to reproduce the scenario you described before reinstallation

AH yes, fantastic, thanks!

1 Like

Cool, Glad i could help

Mate, in the future, if MT-4 has a blonde moment (as i like to call it)

Check Tools / Options
Check Tools / Global Variables
Check Properties on the chart
Check Objects
Check Experts
Try restarting
Try tying it on another chart

sometimes with different versions of MT-4 and C-Trader for that matter they change what is Default and what is not