Very useful feedback, thanks! Let me address each one individually
- Sometimes I have a very hard time turning off some of the lines, such as TS, ii, etc. Doesn’t automatically disappear, have to reset the Expert adviser, go in an change the magic number, etc. I’m slowly going insane due to this. lol**
**Ability to turn off stuff like trailing stop, ii, at bootup of the EA. I tried saving my EA profile. Then I closed it and started it up again, loading my profile, but the TS still appears and was not off by default. ii seems to be off by default though, so that’s great, but TS doesn’t for some reason. And sometimes I have a really hard time turning it off.
Haha sorry about this. I will fix it - a trick to turn off TS if clicking on the ‘x’ doesn’t work is to click on the ‘x’ followed by clicking on the bar itself. Somehow it seems to work better.
To have TS and ii turned off right upon loading, you need to change their value to “0” in the EA settings.
Here is how I would do it:
1. Change setting of TSStart to 0 and IdeaInvalidated to 0.
2. Save the chart “template” as something like “default” if you want it loaded each time you open a new currency pair chart. Or save it as “trade manager”.
3. Each time you open a new chart, if you saved it as “default”, the TS and ii will be auto turned-off Otherwise just load the template name you saved and it will also be auto turned-off.
- Even though, when trading live, I use 3 Take profits, I am only using v6 right now because v9 seems to be even harder to make these adjustments (more bugs/glitchier?) - Can this be fixed? I’d love to be able to use 3 take profits.
How the TP1, TP2, and TP3 works is that the TP3 (which is the darkest green one) sets the maximum distance TP1 and TP2 can go. So I would set the darkest green TP (TP1) first followed by the lighter TP (TP2) and then the lightest TP (TP3). Otherwise, if you try to move the TP3 beyond the TP1, it won’t work as the darkest green TP is supposed to close off the entire trade.
- Sometimes when I turn off a line (such as ii, ts, tp, etc.) the line will disappear but the box with the label on the left hand side still remains. (please see yellow arrows in the image for example)
Okay they are removed already in the system, just that the object still appears there. I will fix this bug. To remove it, you can actually “jiggle” the entry (blue) line and it will disappear. Jiggle would be just clicking the entry blue line and moving it a bit. Good feedback, thanks!
- Let’s say I have TP1 set at :14.3 Now I go into the trade panel and adjust it to 14.8, the line will adjust automatically, but the box on the left will still stay at 14.3. I think this is a glitch, it should adjust with the changes.
That is correct. The box on the left seems to be a bit buggy. I will fix that. Again, just click on the blue entry line and “jiggle” it a bit to update the side boxes. Thanks for spotting this, will fix it!
Recommended Label Changes:
TP should be changed to TP2 on the right side and on the gray bar it should be "Take Profit 2 (TP2)
On right side, it says TP1, but that corresponds to “hp” on the gray bars. “hp” should be changed to “Take Profit 1 (TP1)”
“ii” should be changed to "Idea Invalidation (ii)"on the long gray panel. It will make it easier for new users to understand what each bar is for.
Very good feedback, will make the modifications for this
Risk to Reward Ratio displayed (please see aqua arrows in the image). Can display RRR, either on the left side or right side in the box. Left side might be hard because it will run into each other when the lines are close.
Could you attach your image in a reply so I can check it? I roughly got what you mean.
the Boxes overlap when they are at the same price point. For example: if I have TP1 at 1.4456 and breakeven on top of it a the same spot, 1.4456, then the BE box will be on top of TP1 box. If you can use the Trading view solution where the box will be just below it, it will help a lot. They will both say for example: 15.3 pips in the box, but they will not over lap, so you’ll still see it’s the same location. Lines can overlap, but not the display box. See TradingView for example of this.
Oh yeah good idea. This is tricky with MT4 but I agree we can do something about it. Let me see what I can do. Thanks for the sueful feedback!
Ability to change the control panel colors (please the image - circled in brown) would be very cool.
Could you please attach an image in your reply here so I can see which ones you refer to?