MT5 is any good and reliable and stable as MT4?

Hiya,

I heard MT5 is good but hanging and freezing and not reliable and not stable. Is these errors are fixed by now and it’s stable and reliable as MT4 now?
Brokers offering mt5 but some experts advisedme that mt5 may not be reliable specially when news events come out, so you can’t access or manage platform reliably and it will not be stable at all.

Can someone advise me how to figure this out as I don’t like old mt4 and prefer using mt5?

Thnx

I used it many years ago, since then my broker stopped supporting it and dropped it, now offering CTrader as a alternative platform instead. In its original form, MT5 featured drag and drop orders on screen which MT4 did not, this alone made it enticing. Not the case any longer as MT4 has also adopted this. I never had any issues apart from lack of custom indicator availability at the time.

1 Like

Hiya @OutofWork66

cTrader and ninja trader has less indicators than mt5 and it’s paid add on system in my opinion. Also they are freezing and hanging and they are not stable as MT5. It was based on my research and reviews on the net. What do you think? But I personally like the graphics of cTrader and it’s sharp charts. I think ninja trader has lots of more than cTrader is offering but there is lack of custm indicators that exists in professional platforms but they are not in ninja trader and cTrader and custm made ones may not be as accurate as factory ones! :wink:

What do you think?

Thnx

In my experience I have seen lots of coded systems for Ninja trader. A few courses that I have previously studies featured custom indicators scripted for ninja trader. There are many pro type systems available for Ninja trader. Futures .io formerly known as bigmiketrading has many pro futures traders all sharing ninja trader templates and indicators too. NT also has great back testing with bar by bar replay. Personally I found NT a little buggy and limited broker support in Australia back then, also you have to pay for the software and the feed depending on what you trade.

Ctrader is a little clunky or slower then its main rival MT4, but lots of custom indicators available too, though from my experience indy’s were a little buggy. MT4 tons of Indicators and stable. What you pick depends on what your broker supports and what your trying to achieve in your trading. Although MT4 is frowned upon by many due to broker manipulation and back end control it is good enough for me, I don’t think that any of the mentioned platforms will be the limitation to someones success anyway.

1 Like

Ctrader has a large amount of Bots and Indicators which can be found here and a few other sites as well, you just have to really look for them…Most of MT4’s EA’s and Indicators can be converted here to be used on the Ctrader Platform with very little effort…

Totally agree the Market place offered via MQL5 for MT4/5 is a major bonus, just for strategy ideas and concepts that can be found alone…

Ctrader absolutely trounces MetaTrader for ease of use, automation and information available…You can’t even set the Charts to your local TZ in MT4…

The main issue with Ctrader is the memory usage on a PC… it uses substantially more resources when trading than MT4 (and MT5) which can cause it to appear glitchy from time to time…
(Hardware: i7 Chipset, 32GB DD4 RAM, and any 128GB+ SSD Drive to install it to…)

Unfortunately, Ctrader has possibly even more scope for back end (Broker) manipulation than MT4/5…

2 Likes