MT5 keeps re-setting

Does anyone here know why my MT5 account keeps resetting?

It seems every week the software returns to default setting and I loose all of my charts. This is getting quite annoying as it takes me around 1 hour to get my charts back with all my data on them.

Im going to stick with it until i finish testing. If it does this during live trading then i really have no use for it.

2 Likes

Hi, I don’t use MT5, but you can save profile and load it in any time. I know this not perfect solution but until meta quotes don’t repair this problem you need to work. Regards Greg

1 Like

I appreciate the help. Il try it tonight when ive finished setting up the chart. Im not sure if it will save all my drawings on the chart though. Il update here if i find out.

sure, of course save profile file to second place, if platform reset to default settings, this file can be deleted.

1 Like

You can make and save a chart template. I used it only on a laptop before. But I reverted to mt4.

1 Like

I need to start using MT5

2 Likes

I didn’t like it in many ways.

1 Like

How have you found MT5 to MT4 out of interest?

2 Likes

Oh thanks for the tip. I tried it recently and it does work. I save the chart once I have set up everything I need. Then once it resets I just open the currency pair and install the template.

I use MT4. There seems to be more satisfaction by trading on this platform.

Consult the team once. Normally it doesn’t happen.

You probably need to change it manually.