MT5 Requires Proxy Server Issue (Mac)

I am trying to install MT5 on my MAC. During the installation process, a pop up appears asking me for proxy server details. I do not have a proxy server or firewall. When I hit cancel, I get a “Something went wrong” message and installation stops. I am using Wine and PlayOnMac. I also have no issues installing or using MT4. So far I have tried:

• Installing Gecko and Mono for Wine
  • Installing wine tricks for Wine
  • Set PlayOnMac to Windows 10

I’m definitely stumped. I know there is a fix for Ubuntu and Linux but I’m not sure how I can translate it to MAC. Thanks for your help!

For Mac, try this:

1. Install PlayOnMac
  2. Download mt5setup.exe and run it from your Mac Downloads folder (default download folder)
  3. PlayOnMac will then run it and will install a Virtual Drive. You may call it ‘MT5’ for example.
  4. Then It will certainly crash because it needs Windows 7 or something. Don’t worry continue and it will ask you if you want to create a shortcut. Create a shortcut for the mt5setup.exe.
  5. Once done, open Tools > Manage Wine Versions on the top menu for Mac and install version 3.0.3 which is the current stable version.
  6. Then select ‘mt5setup’ shortcut and click on ‘Configure’
  7. On the tab select the second one ‘Wine’ > ‘Configure Wine’
  8. The Wine configuration window will open and then on the ‘Applications’ tab at the bottom select Windows
    10 from the ‘Windows Version’ dropdown.
  9. Then select the tab ‘Libraries’ which should be the next one and from the ‘New override for library’ dropdown select ‘winhttp (native, builtin)’ and ‘Add’ it to the ‘Existing overrides’.
  10. Click OK and now you should be able to install the software from the ‘mt5setup’.
  11. Once installed don’t forget to create a shortcut, which should be done from the ‘terminal.exe’, and just give it a name ‘MetaTrader 5’.

And this is pretty much it! :wink:

1 Like

You can use aby proxy to solve this, it seems like a proxy on your computer was not set properly. Actually, I don’t see now any sense to set proxy manually in the computer, when there are tons of programs, which you can install on the computer, switch on and they would work, by the way, you will have the possibility to change IP every time in one click without hard settings. I have found many information about proxies here https://residentialip.net/private-proxies-trial-packages/ it can be useful for you too.