MT5 Strategy Tester

Hello Traders!

Does anybody know answers to the questions below plz?

1. Am using strategy tester in mt5, are the results reliable?

2. I understand you have to use tick data than actual brokers for best quality?

3. When optimising several input parameters, it takes days to complete, is there a faster way of doing it apart from mql5?

Thanks a lot guys

Hi, I think you should find answers to these questions in the MQL5 forum. Regards Greg

1 Like

Thank for your reply Greg, I did have a look but could find the specifics…do you have a link?

Hi Jckbt, thanks for your detailed reply.

Yes, i do use tick data for better consistency. Say for example i run a back test and optimize some parameters and on the second run optimize other different input’s, does the strategy tester take in to account the first run parameters for continuity of the whole optimization and form a link sort of for the whole strategy? does that make sense?

Hi, I wrote to you a couple of times about the code, still no answer. Regards Greg

Hi Greg,

I did reply, plz look above for the response.

Could i have the eurusd you have developed plz?

Hi, I ansewered to jckbt :wink:

Hi, you don’t understand the difference between EA Quality Check and EA Resale. Ok, let’s leave it at that as you wish. Regards Greg

Hi Jckbt,

Am not sure where to message you on the profile page as i couldn’t find any links. Where do i email you?

Thanks

Yes it is reliable and don’t worry, you will get an idea with time. It is a gradual process of learning but you will get there.

I find MT5 strategy testers quite reliable. Whenever you want, you can use the “Every Tick” setting.

I have been using the strategy tester of mt5 and find the results to be fairly accurate.