MT5 Strategy Tester

Hello Traders!

Does anybody know answers to the questions below plz?

1. Am using strategy tester in mt5, are the results reliable?

2. I understand you have to use tick data than actual brokers for best quality?

3. When optimising several input parameters, it takes days to complete, is there a faster way of doing it apart from mql5?

Thanks a lot guys

Hi, I think you should find answers to these questions in the MQL5 forum. Regards Greg

1 Like

Thank for your reply Greg, I did have a look but could find the specificsā€¦do you have a link?

Hi Jckbt, thanks for your detailed reply.

Yes, i do use tick data for better consistency. Say for example i run a back test and optimize some parameters and on the second run optimize other different inputā€™s, does the strategy tester take in to account the first run parameters for continuity of the whole optimization and form a link sort of for the whole strategy? does that make sense?

Hi, I wrote to you a couple of times about the code, still no answer. Regards Greg

Hi Greg,

I did reply, plz look above for the response.

Could i have the eurusd you have developed plz?

Hi, I ansewered to jckbt :wink:

Hi, you donā€™t understand the difference between EA Quality Check and EA Resale. Ok, letā€™s leave it at that as you wish. Regards Greg

Hi Jckbt,

Am not sure where to message you on the profile page as i couldnā€™t find any links. Where do i email you?

Thanks

Yes it is reliable and donā€™t worry, you will get an idea with time. It is a gradual process of learning but you will get there.

I find MT5 strategy testers quite reliable. Whenever you want, you can use the ā€œEvery Tickā€ setting.

I have been using the strategy tester of mt5 and find the results to be fairly accurate.