Multi Time frame Momemtum - HOLY GRAIL

Hello and welcome to my new topic on babypips.com.
in this topic, we will discuss the multi-time frame Momentum strategy which I have been using for almost a Year. this strategy has been very successful for me and it is something like a Holy Grail if I can say because you get lots of entries and you get many successful entries but they exist cannot be managed with this kind of strategy so I came to babypips to expand the strategy and make it simpler by taking some of your suggestions

This strategy is very simple and it is based on the book “High probability trading strategies” by Robert C miner.

The strategy is very simple I will try my best to explain this strategy in this post. I am not very good at English I hope you people there with me.

so coming to the strategy, it is a very simple strategy based on multi-time frame Momentum so what we are doing is using Momentum indicators especially the stochastic-RSI of multiple timeframes. so I got the indicator from Robert C minor himself which is free to be shared with anyone so that’s the reason why I will be sharing it on this post. with this indicator, we can actually make a simple strategy by watching three-time frames at one time. so basically we will be watching three directional bias in one chart so if you are trading the 15-minute chart, we will be watching the 15-minute Momentum, H1 Momentum, and the H4 momentum. likewise, if you are trading the one hour chat you will be watching the H1 Momentum H4 Momentum and the D1 momentum.

is that simple?

So coming to what’s the momentum, what are the functions of a Momentum indicator? you have to look at it yourself it’s on the babypips school of Pipsiology.

You will find the indicator attached below in this post and I have attached an image file of two charts of EUR USD one on the 15 minute time frame and one on the H1 time frame.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1--GRKzneWLB9qMs_EV6R67wgfb7prS0M

go and get the indicators here. get some bonus indi also.

The first chart you can see it is a 15-minute EURUSD chart which has three Momentum indicators the first indicator shows the momentum of the 15-minute chart, second Momentum indicator shows the momentum on the H1 chart 3rd Momentum indicator shows the momentum on the daily chart.
so what you have to do is take the trade when the momentum of all three lines together. For example, you take a trade when the momentum on the 15-minute Momentum indicator show bearish and the one-hour Momentum indicator also shows bearish and the four-momentum indicators also show bears signal then you will have to take this trade.
why this kind of a trading is more successful is explained on Robert C Miner’s book - a book I suggest everyone, read this book to learn more information about this. it is a great book a must recommend I think you can probably find some PDF files online can easily read just go to the first three chapters you don’t need the rest of the book the first three chapters is enough for creating a very good training strategy which I am explaining in this post.

Similarly on the one hour time frame of the chart post below you watch the three Momentum indicators of the one hour time frame the four hour time frame and the daily time frame Momentum and you trade accordingly I have done some markings on this chart to represent some of the phrase which you have which you could have taken.

That is all for this post it has already got a little bit too long I hope I tried to explain very well and I hope you people have understood this if you have anything with you feel free to contribute to this post even I am looking forward to collaborating with people and actually make the strategy more refined. I will explain in the future posts on how I use this strategy.

Thank you for reading.
give a thumbs up if you liked it, feel free to comment below what you felt about the strategy, see you soon

7 Likes

guys i will be posting my everyday analysis here. I am looking to document. I am not answerable to anyone. If you dont like my work just get off.

2 Likes

Hello @anjanfx! :smiley: The “Holy Grail” part certainly caught my attention. :smiley: I’ll be looking forward to your updates to see how this strategy fares. :slight_smile: Good luuuuuck!

1 Like

Well, the 4h will always be the last, pointless to watch all 3 15 min will showbullish/bearish first, 1h second and 4h third

Can you explain hot to set up the 3 indicators in that way on Metatrader?
I put 3 on same chart but they look like the same

Hi.
You said you’ll be posting updates as you trade, kind of documenting your trades. From October '18 to Mar '19, it’s been 5 months and you didn’t add another update.
I hope you didn’t get discouraged.
Looking forward to reading more on this.
Thanks.

I think is a very good strategy but we should as we try it on demo

I’ve just chanced upon this thread and I agree . I think it has a lot of potential would be a shame to not follow it up .