Multi-Time Frame Trend Trading

NB, nice indicator, thanks.

I was wondering, would any of the coding gurus be able to create a simple EA that sounds an audible alert if an outer BB gets crossed by the PA? It would be good if the user could designate if they are looking for short entry or long entry, so it only sounds if it hits the opposite BB?

I’m thinking this would be very useful for the H4 and H1 timeframe, for those of us that like to know as soon as PA crosses the BB so we can start making some calculations.

eg - looking to enter a short positition. When the top BB gets crossed by the PA, then an audible alert is triggered. I have an old WW2 air raid siren .mp3 that I use for other audible alerts - really gets my attention :slight_smile:

Many thanks if it’s possible to do. :smiley: If it’s not possible, that’s cool too! :wink:

Cord

cordite,
if PA hits the opposite BB and will continue to walk the band
you would need to place bananas into your ears :smiley:

heh, aye. :smiley:

An off option is of course always welcome. However, just touching the band is enough for me to start watching more carefully for my entry. At the moment that involves a lot of screen time, but an EA to alert me of a touch would make life much simpler, at least for this part of the trade. Works for when I’m sleeping too!

I forgot to mention - if the EA could work on multiple pairs at once then that would be ideal.

Cord

NB, i just have add your indicator to the daily usd/cad chart,
today I took short entry as I saw there is an extreme candle.
Indicator shows - weekly trend is long and Stoch is long, so I would need to consider to take long entry
Can anyone look at the chart to see was it good desition to enter short?
if it is then how would I use your indicator?
in any case thanks for your dedication

Watching cad/jpy H4, waiting for cbl to set.

I would like to have alarm that indicates a squeeze :rolleyes:

At this moment the 1H usdcad is in an up swing and the 15M stoch filter would place a hold on this trade. If you entered short a few hours ago though it may have been a good decision at the time. Even though the weekly is way down this week, it broke into new highs for the year last week, so it’s a bit confused and I’d urge caution.

The other point of view is that the vast majority of these daily chart trades work out well, and over trading them is a much worse problem than bad entries. Still you must decide where your entry is bad and set an exit there. Generally, for a daily chart trade, a good entry will turn in your favor before it goes 50 pips against. If it goes against you say 30 pips, you should be on alert. 50 pips against is probably exit and look for a better price to re-enter. You just have to adjust that to your discretion as you get more practice. There are many factors to watch, both technical and fundamental. Usually once it’s +50 pips you are in for a nice long ride.

Looks like it’s moving well now so probably no worries.

for me it looks kinda squeeze.
btw, to go long or short?
Daily chart has extreme candle to go long, weekly making higher lows,

H1 has first candle which free of Upper band (could be sausage)

hmm :confused:
Graviton, would you explain please ?

My broker provides me with a free pattern recognition program called Autochartist. It sometimes identifies a tradable pattern. Mostly things I’ve already seen or things I’m not interested in, but sometimes not. I set it to only alert me to very high quality 4H and daily patterns to keep it from bothering me every few minutes. I recommend it, but I’m not going to answer a bunch of questions about it. It’s just something for you to play with if you want.

Your eyes are younger and sharper than mine. Yes, looks like a squeeze on the 4H. I’ll set a sell stop to enter with a 55 pip sl below 85.18

I’ll only enter if 15M stoch filter is good. Yes, you could jump the gun and enter on the H1, but at the moment 15M stoch filter has a hold on that.

How about someone else helping to point these things out? Is everyone still asleep?

they may awake but not sure if their eyes are sharper then yours :smiley:

Am I right to say Swing trades come off the 4hr TF using the daily as the trade direction and position trades come off the daily TF using the weekly TF as the trade direction?

Yes, generally that is correct.

I am watching squeez usdjpy H4 to go long

Graviton, If I trade H4 chart when to add second lot?
in 50 pips would be ok?

Waiting for cbl to set, au H4 down, of course, I’ll wait for M15 stoch to enter

I traded for 90.67

Yes, looking good.

Graviotn! its squeeze to go long

Yes, 50 is about right. When in doubt, be a little slow to add second and third lots. The problem with these trades is almost always over trading them. They are meant to be traded slowly.