Multi-Time Frame Trend Trading

What about 4H chart CBL GBP/USD? It looks pretty good. i was sleeping so i missed it :frowning:

Thank you graviton! Your words always have me pondering over the weekends on how i can get better entries on my trade, reviewing what went wrong. Basically reflecting how to be a better trader!

I like your optimising part, whereby you scrutinise every ounce of details in all TF before entering, so ami right to say you wonā€™t be using sell or buy limits/stops then?

Since if all TF are going in your favour, would you jsut simply execute order?

And oh yah, i remembered you mentioning long time ago to renala, saying its easy making pips, however keeping the drawdowns minimal is the hard part.

I canā€™t help but agree with you on that, as im facing it right now!
But i think im pretty luck to have 4 consecutive weeks of positive gains, however i probably would credit it to luck :slight_smile:

hello there,

I am interesting on cad/jpy as its PA now by my retracement trend line of the monthly chart.
I went short at 88.60 with 120 pips SL.

for me 4H chart looks like it sets to go down.

what do you think?

Iā€™ll make reserch for fundamental life of this pair now.
If my TA is right then will enjoy looking how the grass grow :slight_smile:

Graviton what is your opinion?

Looking at some pairs for the weekend.

Euro/Usd: Up for the week based on a successful bond sale. There is rumbling that Greece will default before August. The Euro is still on unsteady ground. Any bad news will send it crashing down.

Wasnā€™t able to make it to 1.22070 a major s/r level before retracing back down. It now sits at 1.20930 (bottom of the current trading level).

Prediction for the week: Short.
TP1: 1.19629
TP2: 1.18408

This is a tough pair. Some indicators point long and some point short. Smart money would be to continue long until news effects price. Nothing supports a strong Euro at this point but naked buying. Be wary.

Euro/Cad: How many missed this one? While the EU was going long this baby did nothing but go short all week. Is currently resting on the 3/8th MM level on the daily chart and a major pivot point at 1.24512 on the 4H.

Prediction for the week: Short.
TP1: 1.23291

USD/Cad: Almost the same story as the Euro/Cad. Currently bouncing off of a major S/R level and unable to break above itā€™s daily ā€œTop of trading rangeā€ does not give much upside for the pair. A break below 1.02539 will provide for a much longer run.

Nice entry on the 1H :slight_smile:

TP1: 1.02539
TP2: 1.01318

Now, no where near the story teller you are Graviton but let me know how I did please.

Well, cadjpy opened up-gap against you, but thatā€™s not a problem as gaps usually close. I would look down several timeframes before entry though. Getting in as the weekly, daily, 4H and 1H are headed down would minimize the odds of a move against you right after entry.

Note that price on H4 has been moving up in a channel formed between the BB Mid band and the upper BB for several days. Iā€™d probably want to see the 4H break below the mid BB to enter.

For the euro, I think that ā€œnothing supports a strong euroā€ pretty well sums it up.

ecad has a very nice monthly chart. Iā€™m watching for a short H4 CBL entry this week.

Ucad is a bit more unpredictable, as USD goes up one week and down the other. Your H1 entry was a good call though. Well ahead right now.

Yes, if a person can trade one full year, with no weekly drawdowns, it doesnā€™t matter what the profit is, that person would be considered among the best traders in the world. The number of traders that can do that can fit in a phone booth. Many think they can, but in the end all they have is an excuse as to why some weeks had a drawdown. If and only if they understand that they are the reason they didnā€™t do it, it wasnā€™t the market at all, will they ever have a chance to be among the best.

I got in a short trade at EC at 1.25500 SL at 1.27280
Its a position trade as graivton has mentioned looking at the monthly chart.

Massive down down downtrend!!
Probably add in another lot 100pips later and set my SL using the stair stepping method graviton mentioned. :smiley:

Looking at ea and gu as well, potential candidates for a swing/position trade.

why you didnt look at the daily chart. It didnt work out yet.
For me it looks good to rise. If Iā€™ll decide to take this pair. I wouldnt enter until the price around your stop, then will see the picture.
PS
Also if you can see H4 (I am talking about EC), the pice is walking the upper band and it will continue to walk at list next 3 hours then will see

PS

you just have jumped to the train that is moving. :frowning:
you have to wait for the station to enter :wink:

GBP/USD 4Hrs chart seems to be presenting a high probability trade. Price hit the resistance level of 1.4770 and BB DNA shows it coming of the upper BB for a short opportunity.

I entered on a squeeze on the 4hr tf, half body of a white candle.
However it appears now to be having a walking on the outter BB.

Iā€™ll let it run for awhile, if it does not improve i will exit.
Thanks for sharing renala :slight_smile:

fartist, when you in the squeeze on any timeframe you have to see for the picture - which band the price is flowing.

If it touch the band and contunue hugs the band you stay in trade.
If pa broke the band or just pierced the band and come back in side the bands I would think to exit such trade

its how I trade :slight_smile:

GBPUSD has been a choppy pair recently, though it does tend to trend well off the 4H CBLā€™s. The daily long term trend is down, and so is the weekly. The short term 4H trend is up, so short trades are countertrend. Even so, a counter trend trade with a short CBL to the mid BB is worth 100+ pips. Long trades have yielded several hundred pips. Weā€™ve had three up weeks in a row, so I wouldnā€™t trade it short. This early AM we have a tight squeeze on the 1H chart. I would be inclined to go long on an up CBL breakout high from the 1H squeeze. That should be a high probability trade.

For me,GBP/USD seems to be going up slowly in the last 3/4 weeks with 400 pip up and down swings in the middle.Going up,but VERY choppy.

Euro seems to be returning to the 2 week old 1,2150 - 1,2400 range.

I went short 1.4750
will see
If PA reach 1.48
Iā€™ll go short with the second lot

Graviton
what are the 10 pairs that you are always looking at?

thanks!

Iā€™m always watching AU EU GU AJ, EJ, and GJ. I also watch UCad UChf UJ and NZDUSD. To a lesser extent I watch AUDNZD, EG, EChf, ECad, and gold and then any other pairs that seem to be trending well.

It seems that I can see direction of the price movement. Last week I got about 2 whipsaw trades from 10 I made everyday. I have increased my account more then 3 times for four days. But Since friday I always at the brokerā€™s dinner. The fact that I trade same as I have trade last week. I open my trade in the right direction but it goes that way only after the dinner. Its hurts. It feels like I dont want to make a trades any more

Well, on that GBPUSD trade, you were trading countertrend. In trading countertrend you really have to have additional confirmation for the trade. If the main trend resumes, you want to exit quickly. Never add another lot if the trade moves against you for any reason. Never do that. Itā€™s a very bad odds trade.

Most people give up just before they succeed. Hang in there and be a bit more conservative with your trades. Try not taking any counter trend trades for a while, only take with trend trades out of a squeeze. That should greatly improve your results.

hawaii vacationsSoo much great stuff on this thread as well. I have a buddy that started with $1000 and just over a year he turned it into over $400 000.

I want to try this, but I donā€™t know where to start. This thread is helping greatly.

Cheers.

Sam.