Musician, trying to become financially independent

My name is Ian, I come from the mountains of Virginia and I am a musician. I have a good bit of money saved and I’m trying to learn investing so that I can make it work for me. If I can make trading work, It will keep me free to be a musician and hopefully grow as a musician. becoming professional in the end.

With your lifestyle and commitment to your musician career, I suggest you’d do best to avoid FX trading as it’s highly speculative and high risk. Which means you can, and would LOSE money as a newbie. There is NO short cut. It could take YEARS of learning to become experienced and consistently profitable. That’s the reality.

Instead, invest your money in Index funds. Here are two top ones:

1. Fidelity ZERO Large Cap Index
  2. Vanguard S&P 500 ETF
1 Like

Yup. Exactly what @steve369 said,

Your passion seems to be music and if this isn’t something you can make a career out of just yet, I recommend finding other less risky way of making money like finding other jobs that can make use of your other skills but also not eat up so much of your time.

But investing in index funds like what Steve recommended is def a safer method for you right now, it just won’t get you the instant yet consistent return you’re looking for.