My broker isn't listed here in the broker's section

Hi all,

I’ve traded with Oanda for a few years. Does anyone here have any insight as to why a broker that I thought was fairly popular with North American traders wouldn’t be listed here on Babypips broker’s page? I’m switching to FXCM for the time being and I’m curious to see which brokers people on Babypips prefer, one’s that have a good, solid reputation for American traders.

Thanks and good trading!

Mike
Los Angeles

Although, it’s obvious that Baby Pips is one of the go to sites for any broker and having our broker listed here means comfort and security, so I will definitely be hesitant to go with broker not listed here. I found Tradewisefx from here only and feel pretty good with it especially knowing they are listed here.

I hear you, I think … but be aware that some of the scammiest, most unpleasant brokerages in the world, and the ones with the world’s worst regulatory histories of multiple fines [I]arising directly over the way they treat their customers[/I] are also “listed on BabyPips” and even “promoted on BabyPips” … so don’t for a moment imagine that being listed here is any kind of imprimatur or recommendation, and [U]always[/U] [B]do your own due diligence[/B].

Sorry, but this really is [U]totally mistaken[/U], and a pretty dangerous thing for people to believe! :34:

Welcome to the forum, Mike :slight_smile:

While I can’t speak for other brokers, I’m glad you’re considering to FXCM! If you ever have questions regarding our platforms and services, please feel free to reach out to me anytime in the Broker Aid Station.

It may interest you to know the latest financial data from the CFTC show traders have more money on deposit with FXCM than any other retail forex broker in the US.

Are you a cricketer, sir? :22:

I’d take the issue up with Oanda and ask why they do not have official reps in the forum. I’ve done it with a few of my brokers in the past in other forums and they have assigned an official rep for public information.

Why is it dangerous or mistake? If a broker is on the Broker Aid page then I can easily contact in case I get into any problem. Jason Rogers might be perfect example for that. Now, if I am with FXCM and face issue then I know I can contact him to get my problem solved, so is that not good thing? Similarly given Tradewisefx is listed here, I can contact the Reps if I face any issue (which I haven’t so far).

What do you mean mate?

Frederick John Titmus MBE (24 November 1932 – 23 March 2011)[1] was an English cricketer, whose first-class career spanned five decades.[2] He was the fourth man after W.G. Grace, Wilfred Rhodes and George Hirst to take 2,500 wickets and make 20,000 runs in first class cricket.[3] Although he was best known for his off spin (though at first he bowled medium pace as well), he was an accomplished lower-order batsman who deserved to be called an all-rounder, even opening the batting for England on six occasions. Outside of cricket, Titmus was also an able footballer; at one stage he was contracted to Watford as a professional, having earlier played for Chelsea as a junior.[2][4]

Hi Fred,

I assumed you chose your forum name in honor of the famous cricketer Eddieb mentioned in his post. :slight_smile: