My CCI/Coral Breakout system

hi and compliments for the nice trading systems.
sorry i didnt get if the system works during asian session and if its okay during ranging conditions.
thanks

hello is there anyone who can provide the screenshot file <. tpl> for mt4? so that there are already set all indicators?
Thank you very much.

Cannot help, I do not use MT4.

Is anyone still trading this? I will start to demo trade it tomorrow but not sure wich pairs move the mostā€¦

Thanks.

Just set up a chart as outlined in Post 1 and save that as a template. If you are going to use MT4 you have to learn something about it. Put the Coral Indicator in the indicators file, CCI is already in MT4 and S&R is entirely up to you. Re-start MT4 and Coral will show in ā€œCustom Indicatorsā€ in the Navigator panel. Set Coral and CCI as per post 1 (CCI is in the ā€œIndicatorsā€ tab) right click on chart, select template, select ā€œsaveā€, name the file (do not try to put any file type) click save and you have it. Then go to another chart, right click and select ā€œtemplateā€ click on the filename you have given the template as above and you will now have two charts with the same settings. When you have all the charts you want you can then save as a ā€œProfileā€ by clicking on the name in the bottom line of the platform which likely says ā€œDefaultā€ at the moment. Rinse and repeat for any other chart, template, profile.

I want to ask more questions:
I saw that the indicator coral is always late when the CCI crosses the ā€œ0ā€, the setting of the coral at 28 correct?
When the CCI crosses the ā€œ0ā€, I expect the coral changes color?
I have to wait for a retracement of the price before you get in buy or sell?
Can I use this system on the time frame H4 or Daily?
Ciao.

Make sure u have the coral.mq4/coral.ex4 in the ā€œProgram Files (x86)\mt4\experts\indicatorsā€ folder or put a fresh copy into that location.

Anyone trading this? Maybe not the best system is this time of the yearā€¦

I wonder how the success rate is of manual trading of users of this system. I am thinking of writing a strategy (EA) for TradeStation II / MarketScope (the FXCM platform) but would like to get some input on the performance before I do the effort of coding it up.
Also, I would like to know of any modifications traders use, in particular on whether the zero cross of CCI has to be on the same candle as the break through the Coral, and if it is on tick basis or on a bar close basis.

Thanks,
Martin

I wrote a simple ea for mt4. Back tests wiped a 10k account with 1% risk and both trailing stops and fixed take profit. I only spent a few hours on the ea and maybe I missed something in the strategy but I also went back and did some paper trading and that wasnā€™t profitable either. Iā€™ve been thinking about further tweaking the ea to see if I can get it profitable but busy with other projects at the moment.

I would love to see your results if you (or anyone else for that matter) write an ea too. Iā€™m not sure you will find the coral indicator for trade station but I think you can duplicate that with some moving averages.

Thanks for the info. I do have the coral indicator for TS, but I also saw that some paper backtest did not yield much. So with your input, I decided to not code this up, since it is not promising.

I havenā€™t been profitable last few days doing the system manually, but maybe this is because of August conditions.

Using a SMA23 moving average gives me the same as Coral.

Hi Can you tell me how to install tgis in my system and use it,step by step

is anyone using this system ha

is anyone using this system having consistent profits?

Iā€™ve come across this trading system after seeing a post on Twitter by Huck. It looks quite interesting so will demo it for a while and see what happens.

Christina, I tried it and not sure how it got System of the month (unless there was only 1 applicant). Tossing a coin may prove more reliable.

System is a disaster in quiet and ranging market.

Could someone explain what Travelkeon means when he says ā€œwhen CCI 0 and coral touch?ā€ They obviously canā€™t physically touch, so Iā€™m confused.

Thanks, John

Kristine, what you have to remember is that on lower timeframes, potentially any breakout system will be a disaster in a quiet and ranging market. Travelkeon trades this system on a 5 min timeframe, and at this level, all youā€™re doing is effectively trading ā€˜noiseā€™. If thatā€™s not for you, then you need to move to a higher timeframe and choose another system.

Thanks for a comment. I tried out this system in 5 min timeframe and so far without success. Have you tried it out? Any good results?