My CCI/Coral Breakout system

i use this system,it seams to be profitabile,but i need more discipline in managing open pozitions.(scuse my bad english).

I got another 10 pips on EUR/USD last night. 2 Loosing trades around 8 winners. 70pips profit.
Might take it live next week after a few more wins in practice mode.

I really like the alarm on the coral makes it really easy to keep track of quite a few markets.

Iā€™m using this on my live account but unfortunately Iā€™m on +8GMT timezone hence London open is actually my 4pm - still in office. So far no opportunity to look at it since the last 4 trades I posted one page earlier.

Same for me, I got discipline issue :17: on managing open positions. I have some ideas in mind getting around this but not sure if allowed to post since the thread starter stated that he doesnā€™t wish to see other stuff (indis) discussed.

PM me if anyone interested to discuss in private.

Hi Travelkoen, thanks for sharing your technique. It looks great! Question: in two of the examples it looks as if you made your entries before the bars which generated values beyond the zero line had closed. Is that how you do it (when the other set-up conditions have been met), enter as soon as the cci crosses the zero line? Or do you wait for the bar to close and thereby lock cci beyond the zero line?

Hi Claesson.
On the bottom of page three, post #30, Travelkoen says he sometimes opens the position without waiting for the bar to closeā€¦

Thanks for the pointer

the signal is wonderful

Hy Travelkoen,are you still here?

Thank for sharing this.

a question here, is this system only trade in single time frame?

intersting i need to read this again carefully

Hi mttee,
I am not a newbie as my avatar suggests, been trading for many years but always look for better / easier ideas.

You can trade this on any timeframe you wish but when you get into higher time frames your risk rises and so you must reduce your trade size. You must then also start to pay attention to support and resistance and be aware of many things. In the short time frames you can, to a large extent, ignore S&R and pivots although the more you know, the more likely you are too succeed. This is not the easiest game on the block.
Cheers, have fun,
AltosT

Hey travelkoen,
First of all, thank you for sharing this incredible system.

I do have a question, because trading your system, I have encountered a situation that is somewhat peculiar and I donā€™t know hot to deal with it.
I have repeatedly getting the CCI to barely reach 0, but bounce off it and reversed before the candle closed.
What do you do in situations like this?

Also, if during a trade, the opposite 150 level is touched, then the trade is invalidated and we move the stop to BE or coral. The question is, do you look at the 150 level being touched during the candle, or after the candle has been closed. Because sometimes, the 150 level gets touched, but it retracts before the candle is actually closed.

Thanks again.

Hi Travelkeon,
Thank you very much for this great thread, please continue to post more charts. l just subscribe to this thread.
This is simply an excellent good trading method.

anyone else try this on different time frames? i want to try this out on the 1hr and 4hr time frames and was wondering if i should change the settings of the indicators at all.

I try on M30 and H1 and is more safe than M5 or M15, this is my opinion. From my statistics, every 1/4 breakout is fake - that is OK. You may this strategy combine with MACFIBO system, is it almost same (please, sorry for my bad english :frowning:

Help! Can someone walk me through installing ā€œcoralā€ in MT4. I got it into the indicators list, but I canā€™t get it on to the chart. Thanks, John

Hi John

What I do is drag and drop indicators from the indicators list to the chart you pick to use it on. Or just double clicking any indicator will apply it to the chart that is currently open. Both ways worked when I added the coral indicator to a chart in Metatrader 4. If that doesnā€™t work, I donā€™t know enough about MT4 to help much, Iā€™m afraid.

Thanks, Iā€™ve done all that. Maybe I should try Metatrader 4. Unfortunately Iā€™m an old dude and just feeling my way around, or as my son says, Iā€™m a button masher.

Thanks, again
John

Where did travelkoen go? Did he ever get his website up?

I havenā€™t seen any posts recently nor have I seen his website url. I checked the thread numerous times.
John