My CCI/Coral Breakout system

12 pips

5 pips

20 pips

20 pips

15 pips

Total of 72 pips, there were 1 or 2 opportunities after I stopped trading but you can’t have em all…

I am taking a day of on friday so will probably not be in. If I am, please tell me to get a life.
Will post some more charts over the weekend.

Lol, your trades from your last post looked like some sort of combo ( punch, punch, upper cut, kick, fatality). Nice going man, i really like your system, im gonna give it a try.

Looks interesting, I saw it initially from you on fxfisherman.com. Does it matter, if the Coral does not change color on my MT4, for some reason. I guess the overall movement gives you enough clues anyway.

Please if you kindly put two white & thin vertical lines at the entry candle and exit candle then it will certainly help us a bit more in understanding your entries and exits.

travelkoen

I trade on thinkorswim. I don't have access to all the same indicators. Let me know if this set up will work similar to what you are doing.
CCI the same
Donchian Channels for support and resistance
Double SMA for the coral
Atttached is one of your trades using what I have on TOS. I'm not trying to change anything, it is just what I have ong TOS. I would appreciate any comments. I really like your strategy.
Thanks,
GJ

This chart might be a clearer picture of what I’m trying to do with my TOS charts. Any feedback would be appreciated. Once again I’m not suggesting any changes it is that I only have the TOS platform to trade on right now.
Thanks,
GJ

Hi Greg,

just poppin’ in quickly to have a look, can you add a linear weighted moving average in your platform? If so also use the 21 it should give approximately same entries…I’ll see if I can post a chart tommorrow

hi Psyren,

that is how I try to go about it… and a

Hi cheshboy
yeah posted it there too, but nothing much happening apparantly…
I doesn’t really mother, working on a revision actually where you get an impression what coral looks like on other TF’s on your 5M chart…and I turned them into solo colors so NO, I’m not using the colors…

Hi shahzadz,

the entry prices and exits (both goal and actual) are mentioned on every chart.
I will see what I can do for future reference to make it clearer but I’m wondering if you understand how the system works…

Hey, been demoing your system for a few days and it looks great. But got me thinking: You have variable stoplosses - why dont you use variable takeprofits too, instead of the static ones?
Greetings

Travekoen.

I switched to my old fXCM account and found the coral indicator, but no color change.

• optional you can add any support/resistance level, i use sr_KG_ Support_and_Resistantce_v101

Do you have another name I could use to search for the KG support and Resistance indicator?

Thanks,
Greg Jones

PS Any comments and suggestions would appreciated. The FXCM Coral does not allow for adjustment to a 21 period setting.

Travekoen,
do you also experience your computer to be SUPERslow when using the coral in mt4?

Good Luck!
you can use the system the way it serves you best moczubat, I put in variable stoplosses and fixed takeprofits for the sole reason that I used get myself jammed in taking profit too late or leave it run untill my stoploss was hit = lot of losses.
It is much less stress for me, but do as you please…

Hello Greg,
basically you can use any cci or coral setting, you just have to look at your TP and SL over time (not a lot), just look at last week, map a few trades on your chart and then try to define a fixed TP, SL will normally always be your previous high or low. Don’t look too much at the exact numbers in the settings, I’m pretty sure if you study over a long period even my numbers are not the best. It is more about the system:

CCI oversold or overbought is not enough to buy or sell, combined with a break of a moving average it is a valid sell or buy.
For the support resistance it is the same or even more, it sometimes makes me doubt obvious trades so it is not that important. It can give you an idea why a certain trade did or didn’t go through but it is by no means a trigger to take a trade or not. You can manually draw them, look for one of the “Barry”-indicators.

try changing all the colors to red. it help for me, I now have 4 charts open with 4 corals on every chart and it doesn’t freeze anymore, don’t know if that is actually the reason but it worked for me…

Wow…all six pairs have yielded between 50-70 pips across the board. But of course, I fell asleep and missed the openings on all of them! :34:

it was a nice morning indeed, naptime for me, will be back later

HI TRAVELKEON,

I’d like to bring attention the chart that the user Greg Jones posted. (post #51). It is the Eur/Usd from friday.

I was in the entry he has circled and following your rules for stop loss and reversal I got burned for about 41 pips total.

If you look at around 09:20 the candles went below the previous low. That was when I stopped out my buy trade and entered a sell. OUCH!

I’m not complaining, I understand that this system is not 100 percent. However, I wonder if you would have played it differently? Did I follow the rules right?

Nice question… it was a difficult day/afternoon on friday, glad I wasn’t in…However no greek election can damage me!

I think the question is valid however your initial entry wasn’t the best…your first step should always be to look at the bigger picture. I have tried to sum everything up on the adjoint chart but not sure if it will be clear, have a look and let me know.

In any case it would have been a lot work for few pips profit or loss

just wanted to add that last friday was really a hard one to master, I’m not a big believer in trading based on fundamentals however fundamentals to determine what the market does…