My CCI/Coral Breakout system

Good to hear that, keep up the good work!

Below the GU chart

** Update: last countertrade move was completed so result stays the same…

And GY was a disaster today by the looks of it.

countertrade just gave back the pips we lost so endresult remains + 15 pips, a lot of work for very few pips

Whatever it may be …

15 pips is 15 pips… awesome…

True, below the EY chart, much cleaner = 75 pips

So in conclusion 39 (EU) + 37 (GU) + 15 (GY) + 75 (EY) = 166 pips

Website still under construction, will be either tommorrow or over the weekend
Will probably be trading

Hi there,

I just want to ask a few questions.
Regarding the Coral and CCI settings.

I’m not sure if this is where you change the value of Coral to 28:

Do I need to change 34 to 28 here?

With the CCI in the “Apply to: Typical Price (HLC/3)” drop down box, is that the correct setting? I’m not familiar with the CCI and I don’t know if I should be leaving it at that option. There are other options like apply it to the close, open, high, low, etc… I got the period to 21 which you recommended.

And also just wanted to clarify, if for example I’m going long, do I wait for the candle to close over the Coral and the CCI to close over 0 before buying? Or do they only need to touch and not need to close over them to go long? thanks!

Hai Sicnarf,

Actually Mr. Travelkoen is supposed to answer back for your post. But I can say something based on the settings that is in use by me.

I am trading with this system since few days and experienced remarkable results.

Regarding Coral settings, you are right in your ending. You may modify the reading ‘34’ to ‘28’. I keep Alert_coral_Crssing as false instead of true as manual analysis is found to be more successive with this system.

For CCI settings

You don’t need to change any default parameters and just change the period to 21. Also add levels (150, 0, -150) as insisted by the creator of this system in post # 1. I also kept ‘Apply to’ as Typical Price (HLC/3). If mistaken, Travelkoen will guide us.

I feel that you have selected Commodity Channel Indicator from Trend Indicators. If you select CCI from custom indicators, you will be seeing the indicator window differently and will not be asked for modification of any parameteres. Anyhow, both are same.

Regarding entry, I used to enter a trade at the time of coral crossing(never wait for the candle to close- if mistaken, Travelkoen, please guide me) after confirming the crossing of 0 level by the CCI.

Hope it helps.

thank you, saves me some writing

First batch of trades already done

GY = 11 pips, -18 pips, -16 pips, -15 again = -38
GU = 25 pips, 25 pips, - 18, -10, 20 pips (took 20 instead of 25, need some pips) = 42
EU = 20 pips, 20 pips, 0 (touched -150 and moved stop to Coral = BE) = 40
EY = 25 pips, 4 pips, 5 pips, -14 pips, -10 pips = 10

54 pips so far but 16 trades to get there, not the best day at the office

Will look at this last EU trade and then decide if I call it a week or not, will have a look at NY open but don’t think I’ll be trading
Have a good weekend!

Thank you very much that clear things up :slight_smile:

Hi,

I just want to ask something, if the trend on the 15min chart is for example down, do you take long signals on the 5min using your system iregardless of the main trend? Just thought of it.

And also about placing stops, if going long, we put our stops on the previous low right? Do we put it exactly at the low of that candle or below it?

Hello,
I usually stick to the 5M chart, again, looking at other TF clutters up the view, but I’m sure it would make aiming for more than the 25 pips would become easier.
I usually put the stops at the previous low, but you could build in some security by putting it a few pips below.

The system as I wrote it down is not absolute, I mean: you can alter whatever you want…if it suits you better. It can’t hurt playing around with it.

All right, thanks for your reply :slight_smile: I’m currently long EurUsd & EurJpy. Got stopped at break even with GbpUsd. Couldn’t quite hit the 25pip TP for that one :slight_smile:

Yeah, was a really tight one, you might consider moving SL to the coral line once CCI has gone above 150, would have been 4-5 pips, anyway good luck, difficult moment of the day apparantly…

I entered @ 1.5606 on GbpUsd. Wasn’t the coral below that level? Unless my coral has a diff setting.

Yup agreed. The market doesn’t know where to go.

Regarding Stop Loss, I used to put it as same as the no. of pips for TP, if the previous low or high is more distant than the no. of TP pips. I will keep previous high or low as SL, if it is less than the targert. Of course, I will be adding the spread while putting stop loss for short entries.

It allows me to keep the RR ratio never lowering from 1:1.

Yeah I know, ruins your 1:1 ratio. Does it always work? Meaning you don’t get stopped prematurely?

Got stopped on my EurJpy @ BE.

Can you post your EURJPY chart. My long EURJPY is still going on as the cci didn’t cross 150 to put SL at BE. Stop Loss for EURUSD is moved to BE.

Come to look at it, my entry should have been 5602 and I entered 5600, premature it was, luckily enough with positive result.

Mine just touched (EY) so I decided not to risk it. I closed EU for 20 pips

I never really look at this RR thing, since in most cases it is better, the occasionally bad trade I take with it…

Of course. I just trying to see the results