My CCI/Coral Breakout system

Don’t mind the entry, SL, and TP targets as they are of my new position now which is short.
What we were talking about was I entered long @100.85 indicated by the vertical line. And as you can see along the way the CCI crossed over the 150 level which made me move my stoploss @ BE (100.85) and got stopped out.

My broker uses London close so that might be the reason we don’t have the same chart results?

Man the market doesn’t know where to go it’s so choppy, Got stopped EurUsd @ Coral. (not exactly @ coral as my broker only allows stop losses at least 5pips away from market price; coral was just only 3pips away from market price). My broker sucks.:30:

Thanks, Yes there were a minute crossing of CCI over 150 level and I didn’t notice that. So I closed the position on opposite signal (at Coral) losing 2 pips.

Your chart says it all, the arrow shows the point where it went above, briefly granted but it went above. That’s where I moved SL to Coral

right on. it’s just that my coral was below my entry so i moved SL to my entry instead. we don’t use the same GMT charts do we?

Stopped out EURUSD at coral. Entered short

Yeah I see, don’t know if that is the reason, but our coral lines don’t really correspond

same here.

I know lol. must be the closing of candles cos of different GMT close. But I did it correctly changing the coral to 28 in my screenshot didn’t I?

Looks that way

Can’t be bothered any longer… there is chance of getting a breakout somewhere this afternoon but I’m not going to waste my time waiting for it. Sun is out, beer is in the fridge…

OK, enjoy, Have fun

Cheers! Did anymore trades?

No more. Tired of more trades with a gain of some minor pips. See u on Monday

Same here. Got off the computer an hour ago. Have a good weekend guys.

Wow!

i really like this system for its simplicity, i dont care bout the loser’s but if u can grab atleast 15-20pips consistently,HEy! thats the best part…

BTW,have u backtested/traded in choppy markets?(i’d like to know if it works in every market conditions:45:)

do you guys use any of the other time frames to validate the trend for 5m?

Hello taskman9,

It really depends on how big the range in chop it is. If we get at least 30-35 pip moves up or down then it is very very usefull…had days of 200+ pips on a single pair (GY), if the moves are smaller then it is not that much fun…

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/45097-my-cci-coral-breakout-system-11.html#post364543

as far as backtesting, I have been succesfull without for quite sometime but can’t tell you I have backtested in a structural way

I look into other timeframes sometimes and am actually working on a theory around it, will post it later today or this week.
But basically you should stick to the system as is and be profitable.

hey there Travelkoen,

great system… could you please keep posting your charts that you have trades…those real examples are a real inspiration and make me confident in to starting it… and would love to see your results for this week…?

thanks man

will post some trades during weekends from now on.
Results should be in later tonight or in the morning (mixed bag till now, but clearly in the green)