My Demo Profits From Leasurly Trading

Wrong, this is a win win situation, they use you to make money, and you use then to make money off the market. They dont lose anything if you are profitable. They always make the money from the spreads by say, getting them at 1 pip and selling it to me/anyone else for 3. This is the basis for their system. The more money you have the more lots you can buy therefore increasing their gain even though the spread is the same.

Refunding the account only matters because you dont have the money to place trades there they can make money off of you. Its not like if you go negative on your account they get your money, you money is lost because it devaluated.

If you somehow make a profit, it does not impact then in any way! Only now you the resources to continue using then at your own and their mutal gain. It not like the money comes from the companies pocket.

I think some of the confusion in the posts may be based on the lack of understanding that some firms are not really brokerages but bucket shops. Like the bookies they take your orders, charge you a spread but don’t put your order out into a market. Instead they book the order and fill it themselves. If you win they lose, it’s money out of their pocket because they are taking the other side of your position. Sometimes like bookies they can layoff your bet at the track or in their case a bank so they don’t assume any of the risk. However if your making rapid transactions they can be left holding the bag and like any business they won’t be happy with a customer that costs them money.

Brokers using ECNS don’t really care what position you take and are quite happy to see you trade often and in large amounts, they aren’t taking the other side of your trade, if you win you’ll place more orders.

This is exactly my point, I think Tess was referring more to bucket shops while I was talking about brokerages with automated orders and spreads. Thank you for clearing this up. :smiley:

Is that so! :slight_smile:

Well, I’ll leave it there then, as you apparently don’t need any further advice from me or anyone else come to that. Your original research will obviously hold you in good stead.

I’ll repeat again:

I wish you all the very best of luck!!

Im sorry if I have offended you in some way, I did not mean to do so. The “conflict” between us was just a matter of misunderstanding, it seems we were talking about two different things. I value every person’s opinions and would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to my thread. :slight_smile: I hope there are no hard feelings between us. :smiley:

after reading all that i would like to remind all the newbies like myself to please have respect for our senior and much more knowledgeble members. they offer us advise free. please try to be kind and thankful to them as they will help you all on your road to success. thankyou. joanne.:eek:

Agreed.

As previously mentioned, this thread was flawed from the beginning as it was based on the premise of bragging and not so much of the assisting nature that I believe was the sole purpose of babypips.com.

Hey joanne and mastergunner99,

Nice posts.

Regards,

Dale.

what is that? 30%?

I have completed another 2 weeks of demo trading. Results are; 125% profit on a $5000 demo account.

Pics:

On another note, I have decided to post some of my data charts that I have made for Forex. These may help some people out.

[U]Main Period of FOREX Activity*[/U]

(GMT) 6:30 - 18:30

London Open*

(GTM) 8:00 - 17:00

[U]News Releases: Country / Time GMT*[/U]

Great Britain: 6:00 - 10:00

United States: 12:30 - 14:30

• (- 8 for Local Time)(Based on “real” market data)(Movement occurs 30 minutes before and up to 60 minutes after a news release)

[U]Forex Acitivity By Trading Day (GMT)[/U]

Sunday 6th (No point trading, only half length trading day)
Monday 3rd
Tuesday 1st
Wednesday 2nd
Thursday 4th
Friday 5th (However, some of the biggest news releases occure on this day)

[U]Most Trade Currencies Most Traded Pairs** Spead (ACM $5000 account)[/U]

1. U.S. Dollar 1. EUR/USD 0.0003
  2. E.U. Euro 2. USD/JPY 0.03
  3. Japanese Yen 3. GBP/USD 0.0003
  4. U.K. Pound Sterling 4. USD/CHF 0.0003
  5. Swiss Frank 5. USD/CAD 0.0004
  6. Australian Dollar 6. AUD/USD 0.0003
  7. Canadian Dollar 7. NZD/USD 0.0004
  8. New Zealand Dollar

** No Cross Currency pairs were listed.

[U]Pair Pip Value*** Lot Value*** Ratio*** (ACM $5000 account)[/U]

1. EUR/USD $10.00 $1330 0.00752
  2. USD/JPY $8.13 $1000 0.00813
  3. GBP/USD $10.00 $1970 0.00508 (Lowest Risk)(Lowest Profit)(Main Trading Pair)
  4. USD/CHF $8.03 $1000 0.00803
  5. USD/CAD $9.38 $1000 0.00938
  6. AUD/USD $10.00 $837 0.01195
  7. NZD/USD $10.00 $753 0.01328 (Highest Risk)(Highest Profit)

*** Calculated based on market value on 14/6/07.

My Indicators Setup:

2 Equal sized charts: 200 units of 1 minute Candlesticks.
1 Small Chart: 5 minute Candlesticks.

Chart 1: Price - (Live)
Candlestick - (Red and green)
Pivot Points - ((H+L+C)/3) (Red and green)
6 EMA - (3,5,8,13,21,34) (Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red)
MACD - (12,26,9) (Red and Green)
Directional Movement - (14) (Red, black, green)

Chart 2: Price - (Live)
Candlestick - (Red and green)
Pivot Points - ((H+L+C)/3) (Red and green)
B-band - (20,2) (Purple)
RSI - (14) (70,30) (Red and Green)
Stocastic - (14,3,5) (80,20) (Red and Green)

Chart 3: Price (Live)
Candlesticks (Red and Green)
Fibbonachi (00.0, 23.6, 38.2, 50.0, 61.8, 100.0)
RSI (14) (70,30) (Red and Green)

hi forexforfun

just passing through

What time frame chart is that? that is the gbp/usd?
what time from beginning to end
when did that occur.
looking at my charts dont see that

i think i found it on the minute time frame

your system is based on a minute time frame?

It on the 1m chart.
Yes its the GBP/USD.
14:30 - 14:52 GMT
At 14:30 when the news release of USA nonfarm employment change was released, and was better then expected.

how does your system actually work.

what do you look for?
you only trade the news

trading the news can be dangerous

I “mostly” trade news event. I wait for the news release to occure and a jump on the trend. The hard part is knowing when it will pause, stop, reverese, etc, but I have mostly figuered it out. Another important part is that news event (atleast the important ones) follow multiple waves, catching then on the rise and fall is how I make my profits. Most of the time there are only 2 big waves, so 4 trading chances.

Trading the news like this is only problematic when the spreads slip and the delays get out too much out of sync. My account provide keeps the spreads locked so I dont have this problem.

thanks for your reply

can you post your actual transactions instead of profits gained.

which shows actual buy and sell price and times

I dont keep records of actual transactions, there is no need to. But I can go on my account now and take a picture of them seeing that they are still on record. Ill be back in about 5 mins with the results.

thanks

just passing through

your system looks interesting

Some random transactions that I found from this week:

thanks

your system is definetly scalping
kinda scary for me
but if it works for you then keep it up

have you had any bad news trading experinces?

Why still on demo?
you can even start a mini account for $300 and trade micro lots