My experience in forex thus far

Hey everyone🖐

Im new on the board here, and I honestly cant say whether this will be my first and last post here. I began trading forex about 2 months ago and to say it has been a roller coaster would be an understatement. I have a bit of a background in stock market trading and recently decided to give forex a try. Ive spent pretty much all of my free time learning how this market operates and honestlt, I started out profitable. I grew my $5000 account to nearly 6000 in only 2 months. This was until last week when I got caught in a pari I should not have been in (buy side of AUD/JPY). I lost 700 on the hope of retracement ( I know, dumb rookie move). From this point I reworked my strategy to get myself out of this hole. And for the most part I did. There were 2 nights in the last 7 days where i pretty much didnt sleep, but I got my money back and I was proud. A string of bad trades today (including a bad position on AUDNZD which just stopped out on me) combined with the commisions on my account, has now left me $50 short of my initial deposit.I check forexfactory every morning for news but the NZD bank news slipped my mind.

At this point I’m just contempating if trading forex Is something I want to continue to do. Although I seem overall profitable in normal conditions, these few mistakes I have made have quite literally rolled me back to square one. It feels as though all of the time and effort I have put into this has just gone down the tubes. I guess the upside is that I only really lost $50

I just needed to clear my head here. Best of luck to all of you.

just have good risk management, and know that you just cant win every single time. No great trader wins 100% of the time, so keep on going

Taking AUD/JPY as an example -
Don’t get over-focused. Know your strategy obviously but don’t ignore upcoming news events, and what the other AUD/XXX and XXX/JPY pairs are doing on their charts.

Also, AUD is a speculative, risk-on currency, JPY is a “safe haven”, risk-off currency, so this is always a double bet on risk. When the markets accept more risk they rotate money into AUD and NZD etc. but to do this they draw it from “safe” currencies like JPY and CHF etc. You might find less unpredictability if trading pairs with less opposing currencies.