My experience with Alpari UK

Hi all, the following email is a conversation between Alpari and I. It might be a problem with MT4 itself, but I find it good that they did credit me my due money despite the shortcomings of MT4.

Good day,

I refer to the trade made today at 17 DEC 2008 at 13:09, short on GBP/USD, ticket number #xxxxxx, on live account xxxxx.

I was using the MetaTrader Mobile platform for a trailing stop, while I set a manual take profit target of 1.5283. My profit target was reached, but was not honoured even though the price action went well below my TP to 1.5277 before it bounced back up and hit my stop loss, closing at 1.5301. While I understand that in a volatile situation like this, there may be price slippages, however I am displeased to see that my TP was not fulfilled at all (or at a price even close to it). Moreover the price actually hung around below my TP for quite a while.

The reason I chose Alpari as my broker was because Alpari has a reputation of honouring take profits and stop losses. I unfortunately have not seen this today. Please address this issue.

Thank you.

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email.

We are investigating your query and will respond to you as soon as possible.

Dear sir

Thank you for your email.

We have investigate what happened with order #xxxxxx and can confirm that your take profit level should have been filled at 1.5283. We have credited you :):):), the difference between where your trade should have closed and where you eventually closed it.

We will investigate further why your take profit was not filled as this never happens on our system. If we ever find that a trade is closed incorrectly and you either make a loss or do not receive as much profit as you should have done, we will correct our mistake.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused to your trading.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Plus one for Alpari UK :slight_smile:
[names and $ omitted, im not sure about the legal ramifications of posting email conversations online]

Very interesting post indeed. Some says that before going live you should always contact your (potential) broker support.
This story is a big plus for Alpari UK. I don’t believe that any organization, and obviously broker, could be 100% perfect, how they react when something goes wrong is a much better criteria.

Alpari seems to be on the move, they made multiples announcements recently (like that btw can we put URL in this forum?), good thing they saved some of their marketing money for getting a competent support staff.

Plus one for Alpari, sure, but plus one for you too: this is the right way to complain about an issue, by keeping to the facts and not letting any sort of anger transpire. Perhaps you made it easier for them to correct their mistake.

:wink: i try to be professional when i do stuff :smiley:

Hello Jawnlooi,
Thanks for sharing your experience with alpari uk, I am about to open an account with alpari, my question is have you ever sufer another problem similar as the one you mention here. Or any other problem with Alpari Uk.

Thank you again for your response in advance.

PV

Kind a thing I had with them as well. In high volatility market one of my accounts went deep negative. What a surprise for me since other accounts were with money available and I was afraid the money would go to the negative account to cover losses but to my request everything was fixed immediately and my negative account leveled to zero without harming any other my accounts at Alpari

I was told by my friend that Alpari is one of the best, it is good to get the same information from other people.

Who knows, maybe Alpari paid my friend for advertisement:D